Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Seconds to Mars playing the O2

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

pistonsvox wrote: »
    Grand Canal Theatre but its only hosting acoustic artists etc...noone likes rock round these parts:rolleyes:

And isnt that capacity only like 2000 or 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And isnt that capacity only like 2000 or 30000

Nice margin of error there then :rolleyes::rolleyes::P

That_Guy wrote: »
    In Case Of Fire would've been a good band to have iinstead of that Fox force 5 band or whatever the hell they were called.

Or even Innerpartysystem. That would've been cool.

I would have love both :). In Case Of Fire would have been a good choice and i think they supported them when they played the Ambassador . ICOF's album is class

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

And isnt that capacity only like 2000 or 30000

I really have no idea tbh:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anybody see themselves? :P25378_110230122323655_100000100028913_260679_5144299_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

"Content not found" :(

How about now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^^^Was that before Kings and Queens? I would have been beside you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

mixed feelings about this .. I thought his voice was quite poor in places, which meant he had to do the whole getting the audience to sing along. It seemed to improve as the night went on though. I'd looked forward to 'From Yesterday' and was shocked at how poorly he was singing at that stage. I'd never seen them live before so don't know whether it was tour strain or whatever.

The security issue and getting people upstairs to stand up ..... hmmmm ...... I had standing tix but had gone upstairs for the opening acts due to a back injury (standing for more than an hour is problematic at the moment), I was still upstairs when he started into the whole rant. There were a bunch of disabled folks in the aisle next to me who suddenly found themselves looking at the backs of the standing audience for the rest of the night. Well done Jared, not. Were the security downstairs a problem? I've always thought the staff at the Point to be very professional. Then again, I was not up front.

I thought the opening band were fine. Biggest gig they'd ever played, really young ... totally not my cup of tea but they rose to the occasion and did themselves proud. Hell, anyone can trash the opening act when it's a bunch of kids. The second support band did little for me but it was a shame about their sound problems and they worked on anyway which is cool.

One of the staff told me that there were around 4,000 in the audience. Hard to say where you'd put a band of that pulling power in Ireland.

Anyway, thought they were great once we'd got past the acoustic set. Not near enough songs though, far too much time wasted. I reckon that a band who know their stagecraft don't need to manually manipulate a crowd into position to create an atmosphere and 30STM came across like a good support act much of the time rather than a brilliant live band.

Great songs though and glad that I went to see them. Do I rate them as a band? Yes. Would I go again? If it was at the Olympia I'd be first in line.

^^^Was that before Kings and Queens? I would have been beside you :P

Yeah it was I think :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

I bought tickets for my hubby for this gig as a bday present. Didn't really know an awful lot about them, but hubby is American and has followed them for quite a long time. Went in with zero expectations and came out one of their newest fans. Thought Jared's voice was great but then again don't have much to compare it to. Downloaded This Is War the other day and have had it on repeat ever since. Great album, once I've soaked it up completely I'll be moving to the first 2! We were in the balcony and loved the acoustic set, have never seen anything like that at a gig before. The 02 was indeed a bit much for them but they seem to be selling out all over Europe and the USA and it is an arena tour after all... I don't think they were swallowed up by the place though and the atmosphere was great. Praying that they will be back for Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

seanbmc wrote: »
    Anybody see themselves? :P25378_110230122323655_100000100028913_260679_5144299_n.jpg

Sorry about the gravedig, but the very right: Dude in Apathy Coalition t-shirt is me. xD And my friend right next to me. :D :L

old gregg wrote: »
    The security issue and getting people upstairs to stand up ..... hmmmm ...... I had standing tix but had gone upstairs for the opening acts due to a back injury (standing for more than an hour is problematic at the moment), I was still upstairs when he started into the whole rant. There were a bunch of disabled folks in the aisle next to me who suddenly found themselves looking at the backs of the standing audience for the rest of the night. Well done Jared, not. Were the security downstairs a problem? I've always thought the staff at the Point to be very professional. Then again, I was not up front.
    It's hard to blame him for doing this...quite a lot of front-men (including Billie Joe) for example say the exact same thing and make the crowd stand up. You have to realise the whole pointlessness (for most) of sitting down at a rock concert. Not that this helps anything..but as i said, a lot of bands do it so Jared can't be blamed.

Ah i thought they had announced a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

Ah i thought they had announced a date
    SAMEE :(

Id be surprised if we dont get a date even if they do a intimate show in the Olympia. If they bring Enter Shikari over it should help sell a few more tickets in the O2

Id be surprised if we dont get a date even if they do a intimate show in the Olympia. If they bring Enter Shikari over it should help sell a few more tickets in the O2

Their current dates go from the uk..directly to germany/europe :(
    Band's would usually do their irish dates just before or after their uk ones...Although there would be room for them to fit an irish date before the uk ones...

Two nights in the olympia would be pretty sweet.....

Damnit, I thought they announced another show :(.

If ES came over with them that would be sweet, don't think it will happen though, if it did it would sell a good lot more tickets as someone said. ES have a good fan base here.

Yea i think if they play they need a proper support act this time to sell more tickets. ES would def get more people interested in the gig unlike the Drum Street Corp. I hope they do come back over and plus after Oxegen they could have gotten a few more fans

Yea i think if they play they need a proper support act this time to sell more tickets. ES would def get more people interested in the gig unlike the Drum Street Corp. I hope they do come back over and plus after Oxegen they could have gotten a few more fans

Them + ES would probaly still get them nowhere near selling enough for the o2...last time was about 4 and a half thousand. (for a 15k venue i believe?)

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Aye was very weird being in the o2 with hardly anyone in it. Dublin is just calling out for a good 3-5k venue.

Yea felt the same when i walked in was weird just walking in no bother with people in the way. Yea i no they still would not come near selling the place out with ES and thats why we need a 5,000 capacity as Mr.S said

Advertisement