Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs that section areas off for parties?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Every year myself and a group of friends have a christmas night out, we usually go somewhere for dinner and have drinks afterwards but this year we decided to drop the dinner idea because everyone is usually too stuffed to actually enjoy themselves afterwards!!
    So, we've decided that a good pub that could section off an area for us and do finger food would be great!! We need it to be on a saturday night and a good lively bar would be brilliant!!
    So far I have tried

The old oak
    The boardwalk
    Soho

Unfortunately they are booked out! Does anyone know of anywhere else that would suit? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Counihans
    The Mardyke
    The Ovens
    Mulligans
    Scotts
    Newport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

try the LV? was there for a birthday bash in january was a good laugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Think the Bodega might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I thought this was going to be a rant about pubs that section off areas for parties :( booo, really gets on my tits! particularily in barrys of douglas... you could try there too i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Bailey sections off a floor for parties.
    Also try the Bishopstown Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya the middle level bar in the bailey was cleared out for a party sat night only prob though is when it got busy allot of people(IE us) managed to get in there cause there was a bit of room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
    LOL@tommmy1979, I actually hate it too but its grand when your on the other side with the lovely reserved seats and food.. !! :p
    We booked the Mardyke.. 31euro pp... drinks reception, bowling for an hour, hot finger food, karaoke for an hour with waitor service, santa hats and pic with santa with free entry to the club!!
    I thought it was a really good deal!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The mardyke is good for that sort of stuff...

Advertisement