Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daewoo Radiator needed big time!!!

• 16-11-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I could pick up a very very cheap rad for a daewoo nubira 04? Friday the 13th hit and an almighty amount of crap happened my car - first off there is something causing the brake light fuse to blow all the time, then the DIC fuse blew which stopped the car from starting, then yesterday I arrived at work to find my rad leaking as the fan has stopped working and blew the rad out! Am raging, and am pretty sure I'll need a new rad.
    Am thinking there may be something up with the electrics considering the blown fuses and the fan stopping working, but even if I get those fixed up I'll still have to shell out for a new rad and cheapest I can find is about €180, which I do not have!
    Any advice/help really welcomed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

First up, the brake light switches on these do give trouble, so that may be a simple fix.

I know the Leganza is notorious for head gasket failure, but not sure if the Nubira has the same issues. Ask your mechanic.

You can have your old rad recored, which to me is better than chancing one from a scrappie, certainly should be cheaper than 180 clams, if you can wait until its ready to fit. The rad shouldn't have blown out like that (due to overheating in traffic), which is ominous I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Yeah, the brake light switch has been dodgy for a while, lights would stick on then eventually the fuse blew and keeps blowing when changed.
    My mechanic told me over the phone that he's never seen a head gasket go in a Nubira, he is a Daewoo man himself. Ah, see I drove 30 or 40 miles with no fan seemingly, so that may have caused the rad to feck up on me, we had tried radweld to get me home but no joy :(
    How long does it take to recondition a rad?? And how much would it cost me? Damn mechanic not able to look at car til tomorrow, which is a pain, am terrified about how much this is all gonna cost me!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

Well, all fixed now, new rad, new fan (the motor was gone in it) and thankfully easy enough on the pocket!
    Just need to find a new brake light switch!

Advertisement