Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amanda brunker

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can't stand the woman...fake and shallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah but go riiight back to post 1 page 1 and the original question is...hot or not?
    And the answer is.......obvious ;)

She looks like she is going to a pikey wedding, if you like that look move to Tuam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

padi89 wrote: »
    She looks like she is going to a pikey wedding, if you like that look move to Tuam.

Now you're talkin'! :p

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shinyboots wrote: »
    Hot or not?

To my utter and lasting shame: yes, kinda.

She bloody annoys me!....shameless desperado!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

no because i'm a hetrosexual girl, but i really do like her.
    i dont think anyone can truthfully say she has a face like a collapsed lung (although i love the term!)
    i think shes beautiful and its a breath of fresh air to see someone honest and imperfect on the telly. and shes funny.
    ok, sure i'll ride her.

Can we watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Can we join in?

Fixed. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I wouldn't even buy a sofa off her, never mind shag her!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

I'd buy the sofa if I could ride her on it. It would want to be a cheap enough sofa however; with big voluptuous cushions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

mrmanire wrote: »
    I'd buy the sofa if I could ride her on it. It would want to be a cheap enough sofa however; with big voluptuous cushions.
    I'd take a run at it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I think I'd rather 'dry ride' the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Typical of the begrudgery that goes on in our country day after day, a girl gets up off her arse and does well for herself and the hate campaign begins. I was a member of the studio audience for the All Ireland Talent Show last Friday (New Years Eve) as a family member is in the choir from the North. I sat in the second row and saw the judges and Grainne Seoige. Have to say that Amanda Brunker is absolutely STUNNING. No word of a lie she has a figure to die for, is glamourous and statuesque, has a smile that lit up the whole room and a personality to match. She is vivacious, endearing and very honest. Far from having notions about herself she seemed very down to earth and was joking away with the audience. I enjoy her column in the Sunday World and think that in such gloomy times with so many moaners walking our streets and polluting our threads online, Amanda is a breath of fresh air. Came across another thread about her on boards today that has since been locked and the level of hatred towards her was disgusting. The only reason women don't like her is pure jealousy and being a woman myself I am appalled at the hatred she is shown. I wouldn't mind if there was any truth in it but there isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

lukesmom wrote: »
    Typical of the begrudgery that goes on in our country day after day, a girl gets up off her arse and does well for herself and the hate campaign begins. I was a member of the studio audience for the All Ireland Talent Show last Friday (New Years Eve) as a family member is in the choir from the North. I sat in the second row and saw the judges and Grainne Seoige. Have to say that Amanda Brunker is absolutely STUNNING. No word of a lie she has a figure to die for, is glamourous and statuesque, has a smile that lit up the whole room and a personality to match. She is vivacious, endearing and very honest. Far from having notions about herself she seemed very down to earth and was joking away with the audience. I enjoy her column in the Sunday World and think that in such gloomy times with so many moaners walking our streets and polluting our threads online, Amanda is a breath of fresh air. Came across another thread about her on boards today that has since been locked and the level of hatred towards her was disgusting. The only reason women don't like her is pure jealousy and being a woman myself I am appalled at the hatred she is shown. I wouldn't mind if there was any truth in it but there isn't.
    Hi Amanda. Seriously though what is her talent? Why do we worship people like her? Everything wrong with our society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Yes she hot...:P

Hi Amanda. Seriously though what is her talent? Why do we worship people like her? Everything wrong with our society.

So what level of talent does she need to have to qualify in order to not be bereated by her own people? Is there a certain standard she must meet that I am not aware of? Seriously - she's a model, an author, a journalist, a socialite, a judge, a mother - no end to her talents! So I'm bewildered at how we feel the need to rip people apart because they are in the public eye and are enjoying it! Why shouldn't she be on the tv endorsing couches? Would you rather Pat Kenny did it?

Dear Chairperson of the Amanda Brunker Fan Club,

Not going to retort on a point by point basis, but I will say the following:
    • Only an RTE press release (and you) could manage to put the words 'talent' and 'Amanda Brunker' in the same paragraph
    • Yes, you're right, Amanda Brunker is a role model and all young girls and women should aspire to be like her. They should become hostesses at nightclubs and have relationships with married celebrities rather than stay in school and get an education
    • You enjoy her Sunday World column? Need I say more? You do realise she doesn't write it?
    • Notions about herself? She considers herself to be an author! And not just chick lit., she recently penned a cookbook FFS! Yes, Ireland needs an Amanda Brunker cookbook to lift our spirits in these dark days
    • Figure to die for? Your opinion, not mine
    • The dubious 'talents' you refer to are exactly what's wrong with Ireland, where any kind of even Z List 'celebrity' status allows you to become a model/actress/socialite/author/chef/talent show judge/sofa salesperson. In many ways she is the epitome of what's wrong with this country

Sure she should be running the country. Politics is about the only thing she hasn't tried her hand at yet.

Dear Chairperson of the Amanda Brunker Fan Club,

Not going to retort on a point by point basis, but I will say the following:
    • Only an RTE press release (and you) could manage to put the words 'talent' and 'Amanda Brunker' in the same paragraph
    • Yes, you're right, Amanda Brunker is a role model and all young girls and women should aspire to be like her. They should become hostesses at nightclubs and have relationships with married celebrities rather than stay in school and get an education
    • You enjoy her Sunday World column? Need I say more? You do realise she doesn't write it?
    • Notions about herself? She considers herself to be an author! And not just chick lit., she recently penned a cookbook FFS! Yes, Ireland needs an Amanda Brunker cookbook to lift our spirits in these dark days
    • Figure to die for? Your opinion, not mine
    • The dubious 'talents' you refer to are exactly what's wrong with Ireland, where any kind of even Z List 'celebrity' status allows you to become a model/actress/socialite/author/chef/talent show judge/sofa salesperson. In many ways she is the epitome of what's wrong with this country

Sure she should be running the country. Politics is about the only thing she hasn't tried her hand at yet.

Nah I'm far from the Chairperson of her fan club but well done that was a funny one :rolleyes:

Have you ever met her? You probably see how much weight she lost and how well she is doing for herself and how happy she is and it pisses you off! Well I think that's the epitome of what is wrong with Ireland right now! Full of mindless idiots who just want to slate anyone doing well for themselves, people who are bored, lazy etc.... People who would rather sit in doomsville than get up off their arses and make something of themselves. Jealousy is a curse believe me and begrudgery is not too far behind it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I really don't understand why ppl hate her so much. I think she is gorgeous looking whenever I've heard her being interviewed on the radio she seems like a good laugh.
    People are so weird. Why would you bother hating her? Such a waste of energy

She's stuck up her arse, loves herself, looks down on people, is everything wrong with society, fame + money obsessed.

I bet she wouldn't p!ss on you if you were on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

She's stuck up her arse, loves herself, looks down on people, is everything wrong with society, fame + money obsessed.

I'm gone off her now. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Who does she look down on???? Someone's got a chip on their shoulder me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: You represent everything that is wrong with society - pessimistic, begrudger, probably bored so start a hate campaign against anyone doing well for themselves. Have you asked yourself why you really hate her? It's your problem at the end of the day, she doesn't give a ****e if you hate her, she would laugh at you

Nah I'm far from the Chairperson of her fan club but well done that was a funny one :rolleyes:

Have you ever met her? Many times unfortunately. The kindest thing I can say about her is that there is a depth in her shallowness. You probably see how much weight she lost and how well she is doing for herself and how happy she is and it pisses you off! Did I ever mention her weight or her weight loss? No. How well she is doing for herself? I would say what I say about her to her face, whether she was minted or poor. I'm not commenting on her success, I'm lamenting the fact that someone/anyone can make a career for themselves doing what she does and thinking that she actually deserves to get these roles based on a somewhat dodgy past and no actual qualifications for the roles themselves.Well I think that's the epitome of what is wrong with Ireland right now! Well, you are entitled to your opinion. You are also entitled to be wrong. As I said previously, in many ways Amanda Brunker could be the poster child for the infiltration of 'celebrity' (and I use that word loosely here) culture into the mainstream into Ireland a la the UK and fame triumphs over actual talent. Full of mindless idiots who just want to slate anyone doing well for themselves, people who are bored, lazy etc.... I assure you I am neither bored, lazy nor idiotic. Were I as vain as the person we are discussing I would list my qualifications, awards, accomplishments etc.; but I am not, so I won't.People who would rather sit in doomsville than get up off their arses and make something of themselves. I am quite content and indeed happy in my life. Jealousy is a curse believe me and begrudgery is not too far behind itJealous and begrudging of Amanda Brunker? Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Now, run along with and read your collection of autographed VIP magazines.

Who does she look down on???? Someone's got a chip on their shoulder me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: You represent everything that is wrong with society - pessimistic, begrudger, probably bored so start a hate campaign against anyone doing well for themselves. Have you asked yourself why you really hate her? It's your problem at the end of the day, she doesn't give a ****e if you hate her, she would laugh at you

I'm sure her thinking she's better then everyone + a stuck up cow would guarantee that.

Now, run along with and read your collection of autographed VIP magazines.

I don't buy or read VIP magazines. I get your point about her not having a huge amount of talent to qualify for the roles she does but maybe she just got lucky! and grabbed each opportunity with both hands. I don't think that makes her such a bad person though?

I'm sure her thinking she's better then everyone + a stuck up cow would guarantee that.

When did she ever say she was better than anyone and how do you know what she thinks??? Are you psychic???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Wow that's amazing one of Amanda Brunkers sons is called Luke too.

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Wow that's amazing one of Amanda Brunkers sons is called Luke too.

And your point is??? just googled it and they are called Edward and Setanta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i think its good to see afresh face like amanda brunker on rte. at least she has taken the limelight away from bully blaithnaid ni chofaigh. i cant stand listening to her. she personifies everything i hate about ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Lads anyone got anymore pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

"Lukesmom has got it going on"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i dont care what people think of her talent
    i would love to give her a good rattling (but alas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 irishben

have any of you tried reading her sundayworld column? I travel around ireland a lot for work, read a lot of local papers, I have to say theres a lot of great journalists out there, but yet its the moronic mutterings of this brunker that the sundayworld readers get to read... Ireland I hardly know you..

Yes_Man wrote: »
    Lads anyone got anymore pictures?
    amanda_brunker_2650527.jpg

''Painter's radio''!! As in, ''I'd leave her looking like....''!!!!

blueser wrote: »
    amanda_brunker_2650527.jpg

''Painter's radio''!! As in, ''I'd leave her looking like....''!!!!

And what we have here is evidence of an increasing phenomena in mainly urban areas, to which sociologists apply the scientific term "Whitney dressed as Britney".

Whitney dressed as Britney

A modern take on the, "Mutton dressed as Lamb" phenomenon, whereby women old enough to be your mother, dress as though they were young enough to be your girlfriend (when you were 20).

Anthony: 'ere Deco, what de yiz tink a ter wan dere?

Declan: Ah leev it out Anto! Da bleedin' hack a her. Whitney dressed as Britney. She's oldar dan yer ma.

Anthony: Wha? I needz ta get me eyez tested.

And what we have here is evidence of an increasing phenomena in mainly urban areas, to which sociologists apply the scientific term "Whitney dressed as Britney".

Whitney dressed as Britney

A modern take on the, "Mutton dressed as Lamb" phenomenon, whereby women old enough to be your mother, dress as though they were young enough to be your girlfriend (when you were 20).

Anthony: 'ere Deco, what de yiz tink a ter wan dere?

Declan: Ah leev it out Anto! Da bleedin' hack a her. Whitney dressed as Britney. She's oldar dan yer ma.

Anthony: Wha? I needz ta get me eyez tested.

She's still only in her 30's though?

• Advertisement

abrunker-blog2.jpg

CPL 593H

MILF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

abrunker-blog2.jpg

Put them on ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭francie82

Complete fool but,,,,i wud do her....but wit zero respect.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I don't buy or read VIP magazines. I get your point about her not having a huge amount of talent to qualify for the roles she does but maybe she just got lucky! and grabbed each opportunity with both hands. I don't think that makes her such a bad person though?

She is a nice girl,went to school with her.She also stays in contact with her non famous friends religiously.

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    She is a nice girl,went to school with her.She also stays in contact with her non famous friends religiously.

Well there you go guys, someone who knows her as opposed to people just making stupid assumptions

abrunker-blog2.jpg
    Holy god!!!!

* back in 5*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,509 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Back when she was sweet and innocent (play at 5:13)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pt7jbr60RY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Back when she was sweet and innocent (play at 5:13)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pt7jbr60RY

jaysis, a grand pasty girl!! miss israel doing national service though. might break a nail!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

day and night, day and night,day and night,day and night,day and night,
    day and night,day and night,day and night,day and night,day and night,
    day and night,day and nightday and day and night,nightday and night,...................................................................................,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

We can safely say that most of the people who say they wouldn't, indeed would if she approached them at the end of a night in auld Coppers.

anyone who says they wouldn't is a goddam liar! :p

belfast_awards_15_wenn2654717%20%282%29.jpg

CPL 593H

^ hell yes!...crackin' boobs!....saucy minx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭sonic85

she really is a great looking woman. pity shes so fcuking annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

anyone who says they wouldn't is a goddam liar! :p

belfast_awards_15_wenn2654717%20%282%29.jpg

All I'm saying is, if I ever got my hands on her,I'd give her the best 23.49 seconds of her life !!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement