Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion Survey on Ryanair

Options
  • 16-11-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

*Mod Note - Hope you don't mind me posting this here, I have already sought permission from "Hitchhikers Guide To..." Consumer Issues Moderator on here, so hope this is OK and all above board :) *

Hi Guys!

Sorry to bother you all with this, as yes I do realise how annoying/boring surveys can be, however I promise this won't take up more than 2 minutes of your time (Honest!)

I'm currently a student and part of my coursework is doing a research piece on an Irish company. I have chosen Ryanair as my focal point and part of my assignment involves conducting a survey with a wide variety of people.

I know that Ryanair are often the subject of attention here in the Consumer Issues Forum so I thought where better to get some feedback from people than the fine people of Consumer Issues.

No confidential/senstitive/personal data will be collected and *no* information collected will be used for commercial/marketing/spamming purposes.

The only people who will see this data is myself and my head lecturer at college (If anyone wants anymore details or want's to confirm this feel free to PM me on here)

So if you have a spare minute (or two at the very most!) and wouldn't mind helping me out then I would be eternally grateful to you if you were to take part in this short survey (Less than 10 Questions - mainly Yes/No variety)

Link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=lXqmGWhSMxRkY2PbKsj96A_3d_3d

Thanks a million guys!

All feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Pandamoanium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Done! good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Filled it in, even if some of the questions were loaded. Doesn't bother me, I still would have filled it out against Ryanair.

RangeR wrote: »
    Filled it in, even if some of the questions were loaded. Doesn't bother me, I still would have filled it out against Ryanair.

Thanks for taking part!

Hmmm, are some of the questions loaded? I really hadn't intended for them to be, might have to go back and re-word a few so! Thanks for pointing it out, it's good to get an unbiased persons point of view on these sort of things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Just completed form!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Completed as well but thought I would throw this one in.

Do I like Ryanair? No. Are they needed? Yes because looking at the cost before/after for flights in Europe has made it very clear that it was fat cat no competition market.

If the company was not called by Ryanair it would be something else or we'd stil be looking at 200+ EUR single way tickets to go any where. The simple fact is they offer a no frill cheap flight service and no one is under illusions of what they get on the flight if they use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Completed

Thanks to all who have completed the survey thus far, you've been a great help guys, thanks for taking the time to do it! :)

@ Nody; You make some valid points there, feedback noted! Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

i agree with nody. if there was another choice, i wouldnt choose to fly ryanair. theyre the cheapest, but my god.

Also - form filled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What happens if your aged 18?

That person has no option for question 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Done :)

Bluetonic wrote: »
    What happens if your aged 18?

That person has no option for question 2.

Yikes! So you're right! Thanks for pointing that out, will go edit now, cheers!

Thanks again to all who have done the survey, thanks a million guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Form filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It won't work for me....nothing happens when I click on the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Done, not that I am anywhere near where they fly, but I have used them often before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Done

Not a great deal of detail though so not sure what you will get out of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jezza wrote: »
    i agree with nody. if there was another choice, i wouldnt choose to fly ryanair. theyre the cheapest, but my god.
    Honestly there are companies I'd rather not fly with compared to Ryanair (I fly around 10+ times a year usually due to business). Iberia and SkyEurope (now bankrupt) come to mind; both have flights with A LOT less leg space then Ryanair (we're talking problem sitting for a normal person and I'm longer then normal...) as they want to squeeze in more people on the planes.

On the other hand there are great companies such as KLM, Austrian Airlines, Swiss Air etc. with plenty of space, free sammie and drink at same prices as Iberia (different destinations though).

• Advertisement

I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to all who have done the survey thus far, you've been very generous with your time and you've been a great help to me!

It's really appreciated! :)
    gramlab wrote: »
    Done

Not a great deal of detail though so not sure what you will get out of it.

Hi gramlab, yeah, it's just a very, very basic survey of sorts, I'm not going into an in-depth analysis of consumer opinion, just trying to get a very generalised view of the publics feelings re: Ryanair atm

Thanks for taking part! :)

It won't work for me....nothing happens when I click on the answers.

Hi Senordingdong, do you mind me asking what browser you're using when clicking on the link? If it's not compatible with some browsers then that's something I'll have to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

done:D

Advertisement