Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on unlocking a phone

• 16-11-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I want to buy a Vodafone pay-as-you-go phone and unlock it straight away so that I can use it with my Meteor sim card.

Can you recommend the best way/place to get it unlocked? I found a website that claims to unlock any phone for €3.99. I forget the name of it now. Can such sites be trusted?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nifdy

Dun Laoghaire Shpping Centre- 20€. Why didn't you just buy a Meteor phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

why not sim free?

subsidies on pre-pay nokias are 0 to non-existent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

No they cant be trusted mate. What make and model is it and i can help you further?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Presume the phone he wants isn't on Meteor hence the reason buying it from Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

The reason I'm buying the phone on Vodafone is because I need a cheap replacement phone while my phone is off being repaired, and I can get one on Vodafone PAYG for €20.

• Advertisement

Nokia 1680 for 39.99 and you might get a little credit too?

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

rizzee wrote: »
    Nokia 1680 for 39.99 and you might get a little credit too?

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/

Cheers. I can get a much better phone for €20 on Vodafone PAYG though. Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Take your pick of 4 sim free phones from here for €33 or less. No need to get the phone unlocked.

eskimo wrote: »
    Cheers. I can get a much better phone for €20 on Vodafone PAYG though. Thanks though!

No problem :)

Lucky we've got guys here like Davy with links like that, might pick one up for a cheap back up cheers mate ;)

Advertisement