Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterboys- Bang on the Ear

Options
  • 16-11-2009 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

I recently discovered this song The Waterboys 'Bang on the Ear'. He wants to give all the ladies his love and a 'bang on the ear'. Can someone PLEASE tell me why does he want to give them a 'bang on the ear'?? What's the significance of a 'bang on the ear'. What is a 'bang on the ear' anyway? I want to meet this guy and ask him! Can anyone offer any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

A "Bang on the Ear" is a euphemism for a song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

Ah ha. Thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

I always thought of it as a Bang on the Drum…… as in Ear-Drum…. hence “Bang on the Ear”

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jenna wrote: »
    I recently discovered this song The Waterboys 'Bang on the Ear'. He wants to give all the ladies his love and a 'bang on the ear'. Can someone PLEASE tell me why does he want to give them a 'bang on the ear'?? What's the significance of a 'bang on the ear'. What is a 'bang on the ear' anyway? I want to meet this guy and ask him! Can anyone offer any insight?

Ah yes, The Waterboys. The man you speak of is Mike Scott. I have read the meaning of line somewhere and I can't for the life of me think of it at the moment. I think it might have been in Mike's Biography. I'll check the book when I'm at home at the weekend...

If you go to Twitter and search for MickPuck, you'll get his page. He is addicted to it so there is a fair chance you'll get an answer to your question.

And btw, they are a band worth catching live if you have the chance. Have seen them twice here in Galway. Always a great show!

Advertisement