Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Xmas Prez

Options
  • 16-11-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

As its that time of year again and people are always stuck for ideas, how about we all post what prez we are buying and maybe it will give others some ideas ? :)

Ill start

Dad: Only Fools and Horses Full box set series 1-7 and a putter for golf
    Mam: Voucher for day spa and a book
    Wife: New phone, Uggs and a voucher for massage in local hotel
    Nephew (5): Ben Ten skateboard
    Niece (5): Hannah Montana Keyboard

Happy Xmas :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Mum, Exercise bike/ clothes/spa weekend
    Brother, Hifi
    Husband, Phone, portable DVD player, clothes,
    Best friend, Guess wallet
    Mother-in-law, spa weekend/ coat
    Cousin, white gold diamond cross

And I want a charm bracelet.

We have over 30 people on our shopping list and have about 70% done but the people are the main ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Must be only me and Caroline, buying prez this year :D Thought this would have been a good idea, im always stuck for ideas :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I think we will soon be flooded with ideas, only over 5 weeks to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Hi

This is a great idea Gaz, I know I will be popping here looking for inspiration:D

I havent though properly about any of the gifts I will be buying this year, but when I do I will post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi

I think tis a good idea but probably not if you know people on boards..They might be sneaky and take a peak!! so far mmm I have

5yr Old Nephew - Christmas DVD and some Duplo
    2yr Old Nephew - Share DVD and some of the characters for the leapfrog internet computer...
    3yr Old Nephew - nehting yet.

I cant say the rest as they are probaly out there somewhere but a few good ideas if anyone is looking for sites on line.

CD WOW do great offers on DVD'S, Books, Games, everything really
    Books Umlimited is another one for Books and both except laser card score

If anyone has anyone interested in Queen my manfriend was saying there is this DVD The Freddie mercury tribute concert, a load of artisit and the rest of queen ,does what it says on the label but it is suppose to be great. They have that on CD wow a

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hi

I think tis a good idea but probably not if you know people on boards..They might be sneaky and take a peak!!

Sorted http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055020574 :D

uuhhh isnt that very sneaky now i like that

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hope this thread takes off

Really looking for something for my wife...she's one of these lovely people that wants nothing, it's really very unhelpful!!!!

So will be keeping an eye out here for unusual presents to go with the one I've already got her

Wife : Slanket + something else when I come up with it
    Mum : Voucher for beautician and comfy wool house jacket from avoca
    Dad : Ticket for me and him to go to premier ship game (he's been asking for years

what kind of interest does your wife have? I am the same with my manfriend he wants nothing is happy once he has a supply of brandy butter :), I have managed to think of a few things but no major present yet

loves Arts and crafts, got her a heap of stuff last year
    Also loves music - I was thinking about organising a London Show or something like that

• Advertisement

A trip to see the Phanthom of the Opera tis a little bit pricy for the tickets that is the only thing but i think you can get good deals if you are not stuck to going at the weekend or Paris is always beautiful around Christmas and the new year...

A reall treat would be some of the christmas markets in Holland and Amsterdam they are great

You good try some creative books I know this lady has some good ones SHEHERAZADE GOLDSMITH she does things a bit differant all her ideas are kinda green focused ideas how to do things the simply way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Only found this thread and think it is a really good idea cos I'm so stuck when it comes to ideas for my parents in law anyway.
    Mother a newbridge silver chain
    Father a cd which he has been looking for for yeard
    Husbands 9 yr old sis a barbie digital camera
    Husbands 12 yr old godson a wii game
    My 1 yr old godson a vtech toy
    Like I said still have inlaws to but for so any ideas will be gratefull received

have you a budget in mind?

My wife suggested getting my mum a very nice pajamas from BT's
    for My dad a really nice cap for when he's out walking (although this may change)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

well to be homest we usually just spend about 50 euro on them but this year they have gotten our son a car that cost 130 and a horse thing for our daughter that was about 60 and they are getting us a george foreman grill and griddle which is about 100 euro so we kinda wanted to spend a little more, about 100, this is the most we can really afford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fionab1385

Dad - waiting for him to make a wish list!!
    Mum - golf jumper from EBay
    Sister - Bracelet
    Brother - jumper from EBay

Does anyone have any ideas what i can buy a new boyfriend, we are going out about 3 months and it's his birthday on the 27th too! So far i have gotten him a wallet and 2 DVD box sets but want one more thing, please help!!! He is not into any gadgets etc and it's too dodgy to get him a jumper on EBay cuz I will never get the sizes right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 drunky monkey

oh good idea ...
    friends- we decided to all go out for dinner instead !
    mam /dad -new laptop or weekend away (between 2 of us ) !!
    brother- game for x box
    boyfriends mam -Yankee candle and something small
    boyfriends dad -memory stick for computer
    boyfriend - was planing to get tickets to a Liverpool match next year but they seem very hard to find, he has everything so if i cant get them it will be clothes !!

fionab1385 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any ideas what i can buy a new boyfriend, we are going out about 3 months and it's his birthday on the 27th too! So far i have gotten him a wallet and 2 DVD box sets but want one more thing, please help!!! He is not into any gadgets etc and it's too dodgy to get him a jumper on EBay cuz I will never get the sizes right!!

What about a home brew beer kit ? they are €65 and i swear, its one of the best prez that I ever got !! :D i can link you up with the place i got mine.

Gaz

Hi

Are those home brew kits hard to work, could I have the link might have a looksie into it

Just so the Mod's know, I dont have anything to do with this company its just happens to be the one I use :)

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=213

No, they are not hard at all. There is a forum on Boards that will also help him :D

Gaz that sounds fab, wish I had known that before I bought him other stuff. Have already got a leather wallet, Family Guy box set & Two and a Half Men box set so would be afraid to get him another big thing - don't want to embarras the poor guy either in case he only gets me something small !

Any other ideas? He loves Liverpool but obviously match tickets are out of the question this early on, he has the jersey too! God I had forgotten how hard this is getting the right gift ha ha

• Advertisement

football / soccer....im out, sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Mam- Clothes
    Dad- flowers for his grave:(
    OH- Cheap Ryanair flights to Kracow
    Son- Rally experience
    Other son- parts for a car he is restoring
    Nieces and nephews- too numerous to list them all but presents include;
    Dolls house furniture
    Simpsons chess set
    Newbridge earrings(loads of half price Newbridge in the shops at the moment)
    DVDs- In Bruges and Intermission for nephew living in Belgium
    Mastodon Vans
    Clothes from mandmdirect.com (good bargains to be had there)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dad - A fossilized fish which he can hang on wall to remind him that he's not that old when you think about it.

Mum - No idea, yet.

OH - Maybe a Slanket (thanks Hick) or a spa day.

Son1 (7 y.o.) - Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (not cheap but he's only got one or two more Christmases left :( ) Some other Lego Star Wars thing that I can't remember. Star Wars "Revenge of the Sith" on DVD

Son2 (3.5 y.o.) - Darth Vader's Lego Tie Fighter
    (Another) Light Saber.
    Lost & Found DVD. Even the clip puts a lump in my throat.

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Son1 (7 y.o.) - Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (not cheap but he's only got one or two more Christmases left :( )

Very sorry to hear that, Sleipnir.

jos28 wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that, Sleipnir.

Bad juju right there man, take it back.

For anyone looking at those slankets...here is the cheaper version :)

http://www.jmldirect.com/currency/EUR/Snuggie--2-Pack-PS5780/

I was thinking about the slanket a few months back, but a few Boardies didnt think much of them but €35 for two, its a good deal !

Brilliant suggestion. Went on the JML website straight away and two slankets en route to Galway. Happy days! Aftershave now for the father and have decided to be boring and just go for jumper/tee for the boyf then am finished YAHOO !!!!!!!!

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Bad juju right there man, take it back.

I am so very sorry, I completely misunderstood your post. I feel such a fool.
    I wish you and all your family many happy and healthy Christmasses.
    Sorry again:o

Hey, that's better than a lot of the Christmas cards I get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jos28 wrote: »
    I am so very sorry, I completely misunderstood your post. I feel such a fool.
    I wish you and all your family many happy and healthy Christmasses.
    Sorry again:o

I took up Sleipnir's post in the same way as you!! Sleipnir, maybe you should change it to "only one or two more years of Santa left!" or something. I got a bit of a shock when I read it :)

Better stay OT!

Mam: Perfume & body lotion set, new purse, few other bits.
    Brother: He wants an some Hermes ties :( Will be a joint present from a few of us!
    Sister-in-law: Shoes from me and one of my sisters.
    Sister 1: Harry Potter DVD (she's 31 :D), new John Grisham book, maybe some Mac makeup.
    Sister 2: Reeling in the 90s DVD, some makeup basics (she's in Australia studying, coming home just for Christmas and is broke so know she'll really appreciate these)
    Nephews (3 y.o. twins): Didicars
    Boyfriend: DJ Hero for Xbox, keyboard for making music (he's a dj), Another xbox game, new Irish rugby jersey, pair of Converse, aftershave, Inbetweeners DVD.
    Stepdad: Haven't a clue, he's very difficult to buy for. He's in his 70s and doesn't really want for anything...probably some aftershave!

That website I linked to for the Didicars is brilliant if anyone wants to check it out.

www.mimitoys.ie

It has great toys, including some really beautiful wooden toys. I've been buying off them since my nephews were born! Lots of classic toys there, all price ranges and all ages. It's a family run business and I can't recommend them enough!

Advertisement