Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a new mobile phone..

Options
  • 16-11-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

On thursday. It stopped working on Saturday. Brought it back in on monday, and its been a week away being fixed, and still hasnt come back..

Its a brand new phone... should they have to replace it or is repair enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yes, if it is with 14 days old (28 in some instances) they should have just given you a straight swap.

What shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Nationwide Cellular in Tullamore... so they should replace it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The shop can offer you a repair/replacement/refund at their discretion. You then have the option of accepting/refusing what they offer. If you reject their offer, you must do so on a reasonable basis.

jameshayes may be quoting shop policy - this is however, not consumer law. No shop is legally obliged to replace the item for you.

Ok thank you Dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are entitled to expect the repair to be 'permanent' - i.e. that the fault will not re-occur within the lifetime of the phone. If it does reoccur, then you would be entitled to reject their offer of a repair second time round.

The main thing here is to be reasonable at all times, while still pushing to get decent service and support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm actually quoting network policy. It is O2's & meteors policy to do a direct swap within 28 days, voda used to be 14 but may have changed, haven't worked in a phone shop in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

jameshayes wrote: »
    I'm actually quoting network policy. It is O2's & meteors policy to do a direct swap within 28 days, voda used to be 14 but may have changed, haven't worked in a phone shop in a while...

Haha, think I know you, CPW?

Ok well it is with Meteor... Who should I ask about it? Its a nokia phone. Bought brand new. Worked for 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Go back to the store and ask to speak to the manager and tell him/her you have been told by meteor that you should get a replacement as per meteors policy and if they refuse you should ring meteor customer care and make a complaint to them about the store as I presume meteor refund the store for phones replaced in the 1st month?

Also are you sure it is a phone fault and not customer damage and also that it was a new handset you were sold and not a refurbished one which would be excluded from meteors returns policy?

I bought it brand new and no i did not damage it.
    Today, the phone shop called back and informed me that it could not be fixed (?) and if i came in, they would give me a refund or a new phone.

So I have a new phone now. Thank you guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement