Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch Ireland V France on Wed??

Options
  • 16-11-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know of anywhere in the city centre that's organising big screens or anything like that for the match?

I think the Button Factory has done nights like that before for big world cup games with a huge screen, if not what pubs would be good.. atmosphere wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

that froggy cafe at the bottom end of kildare st, if ireland win you can gloat in their faces, if france win the french chicks might be in mood for a bit of "ooo la la"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I thought the match wasn't going to be on Irish TV because the French wouldn't sell the rights to RTE after they did a deal with a private TV network for the Croker match instead of with their preferred channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I thought the match wasn't going to be on Irish TV because the French wouldn't sell the rights to RTE after they did a deal with a private TV network for the Croker match instead of with their preferred channel?

Think you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

WHAT :eek: I knew there was some crap going on alright but surely its on some station and surely somewhere is showing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Any pub with a decent satellite setup should have it. Probably the Outback on Parnell Street /The Czech Inn in Temple Bar. Czech Inn generally has all football, but commmentary won't be in English.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

il be watching it with a live stream, in work with no other irish near me. sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Táck wrote: »
    il be watching it with a live stream, in work with no other irish near me. sigh.
    think yr one of the lucky ones!! alot of ppl wont be able/know how to stream it and hence wont get to see it!!!

that could be for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d-a-s-h

Táck wrote: »
    that could be for the best...

any chance you care to share the site that your streaming it from? :D

also would sky sports not have it at least?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Roboloco

Someone suggested the new Eamon Dorans to me . Havnt been in there yet tho . Will RTE definitely not be getting the rights for the match . Its not the same without Eamo , Gilesy and Bill.

• Advertisement

d-a-s-h wrote: »

no worries, on saturday i was mainly flicking between http://www.justin.tv and http://www.rojadirecta.org and im not sure which one but it forwarded me onto a new site...cant remember the name of it. i have to say the stream i got on saturday was one of the best quality streams ive ever got and i tend to be on it most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

typical rte. How shortsighted of them. Make a few extra quid by selling first leg to private station then screw the viewing public, cause they won't pay for the overpriced second leg. They new what they were doing all along. Not having to pay anything for second leg, they clean up. Some public service broadcasters! Not surprised 700 of them getting sacked this year. Sack them all i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 refuten

d-a-s-h wrote: »

Check out atdhe.net. they do loads of sports and tv shows too. Show prem league matches on saturdays, usually have all the matches even if they arent televised.

even if theres no cameras there, they have it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

dr ro wrote: »
    typical rte. How shortsighted of them. Make a few extra quid by selling first leg to private station then screw the viewing public, cause they won't pay for the overpriced second leg. They new what they were doing all along. Not having to pay anything for second leg, they clean up. Some public service broadcasters! Not surprised 700 of them getting sacked this year. Sack them all i say.

Was the FAI that sold the rights for the first leg not RTE. Perhaps FAI should make a contribution from the profits so that the fans can see the match....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Hey guys, does anyone know of anywhere in the city centre that's organising big screens or anything like that for the match?

I think the Button Factory has done nights like that before for big world cup games with a huge screen, if not what pubs would be good.. atmosphere wise?

Were going to dicey's on harcourt street! I dont know what its like for a match but the some of the lads would frequent there after work and said its a grand spot!

Plus 2 euro a pint! Cant go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Thanks for the replies, right RTE have it so it's just a matter of finding the best boozer in town :D

I've heard rumours about the Button Factory again?

Advertisement