Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harrased by mods?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

hey if anyone is being harrased or feel they have been unjustly warned or banned leave your post here. please dont curse or say anything that would justify you to get a warning.

i have started this thread because i was given a warning by "Gimmick". i feel it was very unjust and was only given because he didnt like my posts. i also called someone an idiot so i know i was wrong but it was in retaliation to them calling me "Fcuking stupid". how was i they only one warned.

i believe that some mods abuse their power a little too much.

please dont close this thread as i do believe it will serve Boards.ie better as it will make things more fair.

also is there someone i can report a mod to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Paulegend, if you wish to address a specific issue you have with a moderator or a warning, please do so here, including links to the posts in question to support your argument and make it easier for us to see what the problem is. I should point out that opening a thread and inviting all and sundry to post their issues is not the right way to go about things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

ok i do understand the last thing that should be here is anarcy where we are just in a witch hunt or bitching about mods. thats why i asked that we be fair and i only inted this post for people seeking answers or to see is it the same mods that are being unfair. i only intend this thread to be a "posters union".

if you think this gets out of control ill request the thread to be closed straight away i give you my word.

also this is the thread in question wher i feel i have been treated unjust.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055739439

there are only 3 pages but i have many posts here and dont want to clog up this thread with posts from another thread.

if you go through the thread i have only ever gone off topic in response to someone else being off topic and starting something with me. i on a couple of occasions tried to put the tread back on topic.

for some reason some of my posts where reported according to "gimmick".

i was warned by "gimmick" for being naughty.

it was highlighted that the post where i called someone an idiot is the one that was warned. i do not accept my warning as the post i was replying to called me a "fcuking idiot". just because they change letters around does not mean its not abusive language. i was the only one warned in this thread and then a threat was made by "gimmick" to ban me if i go off topic again.

again i remind you that i was the one trying to stay on topic and compare wwe with tna which the op did in the first place.

i believe "gimmick" has abused his/her power and owes me an apology for more or less telling me he wont even consider warning anyone else for their actions against me.

this is bullying and is a very serious issue online. i do feel hard done by and will report this to the proper atorities if need be. all i want is an apology and my warning resinded.

thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

Paulegend wrote: »
    ok i do understand the last thing that should be here is anarcy where we are just in a witch hunt or bitching about mods. thats why i asked that we be fair and i only inted this post for people seeking answers or to see is it the same mods that are being unfair. i only intend this thread to be a "posters union".

if you think this gets out of control ill request the thread to be closed straight away i give you my word.

As you are aware, posts on this forum are pre-moderated, so it would mean every single post would have to be approved individually by an admin. That's not going to happen. We have no intention of allowing a single thread become a free-for-all for everyone to bitch and moan about the moderating on the site. If someone feels strongly enough about how a mod has behaved towards them they're fully entitled to start their own Help Desk thread.

that is fair enough. if you like you can change the title of the thread. i also posted another comment detailing why i am upset at the situation. but it was not put up here. if you could take a look at the details please.

• Advertisement

that is fair enough. if you like you can change the title of the thread. i also posted another comment detailing why i am upset at the situation. but it was not put up here. if you could take a look at the details please.

I'm currently reviewing that thread and will be back to you shortly about it.

if you go through the thread i have only ever gone off topic in response to someone else being off topic and starting something with me. i on a couple of occasions tried to put the tread back on topic.

I agree, there was a lot of off-topic nonsense on that thread, and you weren't the only guilty party. However, in future, instead of continuing to contribute to the thread being off-topic, report the offending posts. It was reported eventually, but an awful lot of messing around could have been avoided had somebody done so earlier.
    for some reason some of my posts where reported according to "gimmick".

i was warned by "gimmick" for being naughty.

it was highlighted that the post where i called someone an idiot is the one that was warned. i do not accept my warning as the post i was replying to called me a "fcuking idiot". just because they change letters around does not mean its not abusive language. i was the only one warned in this thread and then a threat was made by "gimmick" to ban me if i go off topic again.

Your exact words were:
    in what way am i fcuking stupid????

first off you spelt it wrong which makes you stupid. stupid face.

your an idiot.

For this you got a warning (yellow card). Now as far as I'm concerned you got off lightly, personal abuse of that nature in any of the forums I mod is an infraction (red card) and would probably get you banned in PI, so count yourself lucky.

The other poster asked "Are you fcuking stupid", which is not direct abuse in itself, but I agree that he too should have been sanctioned in some way. It's something I will discuss with the mods of the forum in private, but it now no longer concerns you.
    i believe "gimmick" has abused his/her power and owes me an apology for more or less telling me he wont even consider warning anyone else for their actions against me.

gimmick owes you no apology, as I said I believe you got off lightly, however I will discuss the matter further with both gimmick and Bounty Humter.
    this is bullying and is a very serious issue online. i do feel hard done by and will report this to the proper atorities if need be. all i want is an apology and my warning resinded.

I see no evidence of bullying, you are owed no apology and your warning stands. With regard to how you were treated I consider the matter closed. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "proper authorities", however I will remind you that making a threat of legal action against Boards results in an immediate and permanent site ban.
    thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.

You're welcome.

i believe you are being impartial and respect your decision.

just to clarify though i didnt mean anything like lawsuit. i meant there are internet bullying laws in place and authorities that deal with such cases.

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/missing/i_safety/cyberbullying.htm

under the title of Griefing:
    Griefing involves chronically causing grief to other members of an online community, or rather, intentionally disrupting the immersion of another player in their game play.

this is not a threat towards boards.ie in anyway it is a warning against "gimmick" however. i did accept the warning for calling this guy stupid and an idiot. i guess i lost my head. my concern was however that i was being singled out.

as for the thread being off topic i know i contributed but i was mostly the person trying to get it back on topic. "gimmick" has said in a pm that u number of posts where reported but i believe that these where wrongfully done as again if anything i tried to talk about the OPs topic. i did compare it to WWE but so did the OP.

i am deeply annoyed by "gimmicks" actions and talk towards myself and believe he was acting selfishly and only because he seemed to not like my comments.

i hope this matter is dealt with as i do feel victimised by this mods actions and attitude against me. whether this is personal or the mod has had a bad day is not an issue that should come into count.

you do seem to be rational so i will leave this in your hands and i just want you to know i have no hard or ill feeling towards boards.ie or yourself. thank you for all your help.

i believe you are being impartial and respect your decision.

Thank you. There are minimum standards of behaviour expected of both posters and mods on Boards. All we request is that people adhere to them. When they don't, we don't favour one group over the other.
    just to clarify though i didnt mean anything like lawsuit. i meant there are internet bullying laws in place and authorities that deal with such cases.

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/missing/i_safety/cyberbullying.htm

That website is in the US and as such would have no jurisdiction in Ireland. I don't believe that Irish internet laws are anything like as far advanced as that, however I am open to correction as I'm not a legal eagle.
    junder the title of Griefing:
    Griefing involves chronically causing grief to other members of an online community, or rather, intentionally disrupting the immersion of another player in their game play.

this is not a threat towards boards.ie in anyway it is a warning against "gimmick" however. i did accept the warning for calling this guy stupid and an idiot. i guess i lost my head. my concern was however that i was being singled out.

I understand your frustration and I accept that you in no way are threatening Boards, however any concerted action taken by you to disrupt gimmick's, or any other member of Boards, activities on this site will be treated as a direct attack on the site itself and we would be left with no option other than to deal with it appropriately.
    as for the thread being off topic i know i contributed but i was mostly the person trying to get it back on topic. "gimmick" has said in a pm that u number of posts where reported but i believe that these where wrongfully done as again if anything i tried to talk about the OPs topic. i did compare it to WWE but so did the OP.

i am deeply annoyed by "gimmicks" actions and talk towards myself and believe he was acting selfishly and only because he seemed to not like my comments.

i hope this matter is dealt with as i do feel victimised by this mods actions and attitude against me. whether this is personal or the mod has had a bad day is not an issue that should come into count.

As I previously promised, I have PM'd both gimmick and Bounty Hunter regarding this matter. It is no longer your concern and will be dealt with appropriately.
    you do seem to be rational so i will leave this in your hands and i just want you to know i have no hard or ill feeling towards boards.ie or yourself. thank you for all your help.

You're welcome.

Advertisement