Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchbag workout based on MMA

Options
  • 16-11-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I've got a punchbag put up at the gym at home and was wondering is there any "posters/diagrams" that you can dowload to put on the wall showing basic drills for using the hands and feet for a good punchbag workout?

Might not be an MMA specific question but am a big fan and will imagine Michael Bisping as I'm hitting it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Just copy what fighters do. Mix it up, kick, punch and elbow. Make your own combos and add in some fancy superman punches too. Put it on the grond too for G'N'P practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

Buy the Bas Rutten MMA workout...great investment for working the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

OMCCABE wrote: »

For free - A decent Youtube tutorial on how to put pucnhes together will help develop your technique

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

OMCCABE wrote: »

anywhere in ireland or the uk i can get this from?? havnt seen it anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.mmauniverse.com/products/SS509

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

http://www.basrutten.com/hex/dvds/mma-workout-cd-and-dvd.html

You can get the MMA workout package directly from here. It's probably worth doing some searching though to see what prices you can find for it.
    If you do buy Bas' MMA Workout it's important to ease yourself into them. Take them easy for the first few times, and gradually increase the intensity at which you do them. They are designed so that when you are really pushing yourself, you feel like puking afterward:)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

danlen wrote: »
    anywhere in ireland or the uk i can get this from?? havnt seen it anywhere...

I would get it direct from his site. Thats were I picked up mine. Best investment I ever made for my training. Now if I could only find something similar that would build grappling endurance as effectively I'd be laughing.:p

Furious Dave is right. The workouts are no joke and offer a way to gradually progress without sneaking little rests "practicing footwork" or "headmovement". Its just an all out assault on the bag.

Oisin

Advertisement