Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do O2 contact you after buying an upgrade?

• 16-11-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about buying my girlfriend a phone for Christmas.. not that she needs a new one.. but I'm out of ideas.

But since O2 have this "Get a Free Phone next Summer" promotion, I wanted to get the upgrade on her account.

Does anyone know would there be any contact by O2 to spoil this? I think I remember one year after getting an upgrade, I got a text saying something like "Your free credit will be applied within 30 days".

Would she receive anything like this on the lead-up to Christmas if I got the upgrade on her account?

Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Couldn't you just buy a new connection pack, it would come with a new number so no way she will be connected.

Come January you register her number, with the new phones imei number on the website www.o2.ie/twice

O2 also used to sell gift packs, where you could give them as a present, it doesn't come with a sim card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wouldn't she lose out on credit with a new connection pack?

I'm on O2 so I could always get it on mine I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

basquille wrote: »
    Wouldn't she lose out on credit with a new connection pack?

Well she should still get the €30 on her number, to register the upgrade, you login to o2, register the new imei and then you get the €30, which is the same for new connections and upgrades.
    I'm on O2 so I could always get it on mine I suppose.

Another option yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

You can buy it instore with her number. She can then register it after Christmas to get the credit. That way she won't get any texts from o2 about credit and ruin the surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Assuming she's on prepay (you won't be able to buy her a billpay upgrade anyway) then just buy a prepay upgrade and don't register it.

She can register it then when Santa comes on Xmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

basquille wrote: »
    Was thinking about buying my girlfriend a phone for Christmas.. not that she needs a new one.. but I'm out of ideas.

Phew......glad to see I am not alone. :o

Advertisement