Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness in the Field

Options
  • 16-11-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Hello,

im just interested in anyones thoughts on fitness in the field.

Today i walked about 4 fields up and down and im completely knackered.......

im some what fit but im not as young as i was. i was wondering has anyone came across this before and what did you do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Hello,

im just interested in anyones thoughts on fitness in the field.

Today i walked about 4 fields up and down and im completely knackered.......

im some what fit but im not as young as i was. i was wondering has anyone came across this before and what did you do about it?

I'm like a dead donkey.

Was out up the Kerry mountains on Sunday and had to let the younger guys off and catch up with them on their way down later.
    Too many years of couch potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

clivej wrote: »
    I'm like a dead donkey.

Was out up the Kerry mountains on Sunday and had to let the younger guys off and catch up with them on their way down later.

15.5 stone on O.A.P legs is not a good combination:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

i know im sitting here an my calf's are killing me, is it the more your out doing the walks the more the itdoesnt bother u?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

With all the rain the last while the going is very heavy as well it mightn't just be down to the lad in the wellies alone.

Spunk84 wrote: »
    i know im sitting here an my calf's are killing me, is it the more your out doing the walks the more the itdoesnt bother u?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I was the same at the begining of deer season...its just a matter of pushing yourself harder each time you go out and the body will adjust..

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    I was the same at the begining of deer season...its just a matter of pushing yourself harder each time you go out and the body will adjust..

I like to think of it that if i aim low on a fitness level i will achieve my goal

I like to think of it that if i aim low on a fitness level i will achieve my goal
    Thats it Clive J......small acheivable goals.....;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

Get out more often and you will get fitter! Its the most enjoyable exercise I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

I've seen you struggling back from the 200yd targets at Midlands so fair play for chancing a mountain. :D:D:D

sfakiaman wrote: »
    I've seen you struggling back from the 200yd targets at Midlands so fair play for chancing a mountain. :D:D:D
    Nice one;);)
    Were lucky The old boy is is thick skinned(rhino skin):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hazza

I'm like a dead donkey.

I know the feeling clive I'm knackered myself after the weekend - we were at it Fri eve and all day Sat plus half day Sun. It was nice to meet you out over the weekend hope you got on OK. The weather held out for us and thats one fabulous spot for a ramble, eh?

PS Check your email.

hazza wrote: »
    I know the feeling clive I'm knackered myself after the weekend - we were at it Fri eve and all day Sat plus half day Sun. It was nice to meet you out over the weekend hope you got on OK. The weather held out for us and thats one fabulous spot for a ramble, eh?

PS Check your email.

Ah. Another face to put to their boards nickname.
    Yes a great little place to shoot and you got your calf. Will check the mail 2nite. im at college now. It was good the see you at that time as I needed the rest and chat.

Advertisement