Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office shoe shop returns policy

Options
  • 16-11-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anybody know what the office shoe shop return policy is? I bought a pair of their own brand shoes 2 weeks ago but they don't really match what I have. I can't find the receipt so I rang and asked I'd I could exchange them for a darker colour and the girl on the phone said no! I was a bit surprised. Could she be wrong? I'm not asking for mymoney back and their still in the box! Am I being unreasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under consumer law, you're not legally entitled to anything as the shoes are fine.

However, a lot of shops offer very good exchange policies which are all based on goodwill. Bring back the shoes in original packing with the receipt within 28 days (or so) and you'll generally get a refund.

To be honest though, you would want to have a receipt at the least to get the exchange. Did you pay by card (laser or credit)? That might suffice in place of the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Office generally offer credit notes (or at least they used to last time I checked)

Advertisement