Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite Ref's

• 16-11-2009 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

United affront! Gary Neville needs to take off his red-tinted specs and let referees get on with the job

By Graham Poll Last updated at 4:12 PM on 16th November 2009

Gary Neville wants only a few referees to be able to handle the top Manchester United games.
    I wonder who he'd include in that list? Surely Howard Webb, our No 1 FIFA-ranked referee but then who?

The second in the list is Martin Atkinson, who displeased the Old Trafford faithful with his display at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.

Mike Dean might be included as No 3 but then Mark Clattenburg and Andre Marriner who occupy slots four and five, are also unpopular with United.

The superior attitude displayed by Neville's remarks is what makes United so unpopular with all other fans and his words are not new.

I remember going up to a United training session at Carrington at the behest of Sir Alex Ferguson, who wanted me to speak with the players who were having difficulty with the attitude of certain referees.

Has he got a valid point?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228299/United-affront-Gary-Neville-needs-red-tinted-specs-let-referees-job.html#ixzz0X3Fs7xQh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

thegen wrote: »
    United affront! Gary Neville needs to take off his red-tinted specs and let referees get on with the job

By Graham Poll Last updated at 4:12 PM on 16th November 2009

Gary Neville wants only a few referees to be able to handle the top Manchester United games.
    I wonder who he'd include in that list? Surely Howard Webb, our No 1 FIFA-ranked referee but then who?

The second in the list is Martin Atkinson, who displeased the Old Trafford faithful with his display at Stamford Bridge earlier this month.

Mike Dean might be included as No 3 but then Mark Clattenburg and Andre Marriner who occupy slots four and five, are also unpopular with United.

The superior attitude displayed by Neville's remarks is what makes United so unpopular with all other fans and his words are not new.

I remember going up to a United training session at Carrington at the behest of Sir Alex Ferguson, who wanted me to speak with the players who were having difficulty with the attitude of certain referees.

Has he got a valid point?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228299/United-affront-Gary-Neville-needs-red-tinted-specs-let-referees-job.html#ixzz0X3Fs7xQh

I don't need to read anymore after this. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The fact that there are no elite referees is the immediate problem that springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

keane2097 wrote: »
    The fact that there are no elite referees is the immediate problem that springs to mind.

Could be true, but it was Neville who suggested that an elite panel of refs be drawn up to ref the top four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Gary Neville should start worrying about elite referees when he starts playing regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Thing is there are no elite refs in England.

Bring back this chap I say

P_Collina.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

redout wrote: »
    Thing is there are no elite refs in England.

Bring back this chap I say

P_Collina.jpg

Yep, totally agree. Greatest ref ever. Only one ref I can remember teams being glad to see reffing the game. There are no referees of that calibre in England these days (as if there ever was).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Advertisement