Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the Christmas lights being switched on?

• 16-11-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Anybody know when the lights and tree will be switched on in the city centre yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

this sat @ 4pm -
    john roberts sq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

It's actually Friday at 5pm. Our choir was asked to sing at it today so I presume the time and date we were given are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

It's actually Friday at 5pm. Our choir was asked to sing at it today so I presume the time and date we were given are correct.

Yes... was announced on WLRfm this morning that Friday @ 5pm is the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good,

I like town ith the lights. nice feel too it.

Are they putting anything down there this year? I thught the choise of the carousel last year was inspiried.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Carousel was up and runnin last week! brings a nice feel to the town!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Clano wrote: »
    Carousel was up and runnin last week! brings a nice feel to the town!

Ah, maybe a different idea would have been good but TBF it really does add a little something down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

According to WLR advert:
    • Christmas lights go on at 5.15pm, this Friday, 20th November.
    • Ian Noctor's show on WLR will be broadcast live from John Roberts Square from 4pm to 7pm.
    The City Council also appear to be building that outdoor coffee kiosk that they were talking about a few months ago, just beside the carousel. The carousel is there till early January I think.

The newly refurbished Penney's is to open on 30th November.

There will also be a Christmas market (Traditional Market – Food and Craft) in the city centre from Saturday 12th December to Wednesday 23rd December 2009.

A lot of other Christmas events and activities (e.g. Santa Dash) around the city will be announced in the coming weeks.

Advertisement