Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Factory: new song ... Powershifter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Had a listen to this on youtube

Not sure what to make of it ... there are a few nice tunes on it

I love Powershifter ... like the vocals in controlled demolition ... and liking the anger (for want of better words) in Designing the Enemy ...

Mechanize I'm not sure about ... its missing something for me .. not raw enough.

Final Exit seems a bit all over the place

Verdict is out till I get the CD and hear it on proper sound and make the neighbours cry :) Now I've to go back and listen to some classic Fear Factory ... Edgecrusher ... Descent ... Replica ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

forbairt wrote: »
    Had a listen to this on youtube

Not sure what to make of it ... there are a few nice tunes on it

I love Powershifter ... like the vocals in controlled demolition ... and liking the anger (for want of better words) in Designing the Enemy ...

Mechanize I'm not sure about ... its missing something for me .. not raw enough.

Final Exit seems a bit all over the place

Verdict is out till I get the CD and hear it on proper sound and make the neighbours cry :) Now I've to go back and listen to some classic Fear Factory ... Edgecrusher ... Descent ... Replica ... :D
    A mention of classic Fear Factory without Pisschrist or Self-Bias Resistor? Sacrilege!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Malice_ wrote: »
    A mention of classic Fear Factory without Pisschrist or Self-Bias Resistor? Sacrilege!

Self-Bias Resistor yes but I'm not a big fan of Pisschrist ...

I think when Fear Factory do actual melodic vocals (for want of a better word) their sound is completely amazing.

I've never been that big a fan of just shouting down the mic though it can have a time as well ( Used listen to a lot of deicide :D ) and I know that may open a can of worms with people .. not trying to do that here ...

I think the sound from Digimortal (song) .. Invisible Wounds ... Bite the Hand that bleeds ... Descent ... ( Hell I love some of the songs / covers on Transgression as well ... Supernova ... I Will Follow .. Millenium though you've got to majorily prefer the KJ original)

forbairt wrote: »
    Self-Bias Resistor yes but I'm not a big fan of Pisschrist ...

I think when Fear Factory do actual melodic vocals (for want of a better word) their sound is completely amazing.

I've never been that big a fan of just shouting down the mic though it can have a time as well ( Used listen to a lot of deicide :D ) and I know that may open a can of worms with people .. not trying to do that here ...

I think the sound from Digimortal (song) .. Invisible Wounds ... Bite the Hand that bleeds ... Descent ... ( Hell I love some of the songs / covers on Transgression as well ... Supernova ... I Will Follow .. Millenium though you've got to majorily prefer the KJ original)
    I totally agree on the melodic vocals, it was what attracted me to Fear Factory in the first place as at the time I'd only ever heard vocalists who either sang or shouted/screamed, there was no middle ground. They also deserve a lot more credit for bringing out Remanufacture.

Anyway, about Pisschrist, watch this video from about 3:40 onwards:

How can you not like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 invisiblewill

I'm in Oz at the moment touring on a motorbike and just by chance Fear Factory are playing two dates this month, one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. I snagged a ticket for Melbourne and "adjusted" my touring plans to divert back to Melbourne. Wednesday 27th January at 8pm I'll be finally seeing them live after years of waiting..........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I put off getting mechanize, but just gave it a full listen and im actually impressed, but following the last album, its not that hard to sound amazing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The new album is incredible, without question, and is a breath of fresh air in the Metal world

great album...Final Exit is amazing

The album is available for streaming here but it seems like a Facebook profile is a requirement :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garvielloken

I love Demanufacture and Obsolete but my interest faded pretty quickly after that. This new stuff sounds pretty decent but they have done that machine gun riffing thing to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I love Demanufacture and Obsolete but my interest faded pretty quickly after that. This new stuff sounds pretty decent but they have done that machine gun riffing thing to death.
    Its fear factory though, what do you expect. There like slayer, pretty samey throughout there careers usually but in a good way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive listened to the album through a couple of times I have to say its a huge return to form and IMO their best release since Demanufacture.

Ive listened to the album through a couple of times I have to say its a huge return to form and IMO their best release since Demanufacture.
    It's good but I don't think it's better than Archetype (so far) and it's certainly not better than Obsolete. Descent, Edgecrusher, Timeless, Resurrection and Shock are amongst the best songs Fear Factory have ever done. Also the Man v Machine theme was at its strongest on that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Malice_ wrote: »
    It's good but I don't think it's better than Archetype (so far) and it's certainly not better than Obsolete. Descent, Edgecrusher, Timeless, Resurrection and Shock are amongst the best songs Fear Factory have ever done. Also the Man v Machine theme was at its strongest on that album.

Have listened to it all the way through once so far - so can't give a full opinion on it yet - but really like it on first listen, and that's usually a really good sign for me :-)
    I love machine gun riffing by the way ;-)

Malice I really liked Archetype too.....but this new album is certainly a big step back to form.......hope to catch them somewhere this summer......would be nice if they came back here - and the Academy might just be big enough for a great intimate show.......but that's probably just wishful thinking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My HMV released it 3 days early because the store only opened for the first time on Friday so someone must have put it out by mistake.

In any case they were sold out by Monday morning, the official release date, and I feel sorry for the kid's who won't be able to pick up a copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Gonna see Fear Factory at Bloodstock in August!! Can't friggin wait!:D
    My first ever festival - also my first time seeing Fear Factory:p Its gonna be so good :)

Advertisement