Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUNCH FOR A FIVER

• 16-11-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The Cloister on abbey st is doing lunch for a fiver... great value
    5 choices stew, curry, vol u vent, bangers & mash & the chefs special of the day.. proper portions and all. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

The Cloister on abbey st is doing lunch for a fiver... great value
    5 choices stew, curry, vol u vent, bangers & mash & the chefs special of the day.. proper portions and all. :pac:

whats your connection with the cloister? like how do you know all this?only asking dude.

this is an advert for the cloisters new menu to entice the ppl in,am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

whats your connection with the cloister? like how do you know all this?only asking dude.

this is an advert for the cloisters new menu to entice the ppl in,am i right?

Dosen't matter if he is working for the cloiter, town badly needs competition in snack and lunch menues.

In Dublin you can now get any sandwich with a large filling plus any size coffee / latte for a fiver at Insomnia. If only there was Insomnia in Ennis O @Briens would have to match it.

The Sherwood has been offering us value meal for years.

Any more tips of cheap eats in town are welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Bring your own lunch in your little brown paper bag. €1.50 should cover it fine. Everybody does that for a month or two, then we will see proper pricing come to the market for lunch in this town and every other town for that matter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I can't remember the exact offer but Puchinos opposite Dunnes Stores do something like a sandwich, coffee and a bar or crisps for a fiver.

Numero Unos do half pizza and chips with curry or coleslaw for 5 euro. They're also selling takeaway slices for a €1.50 each. I'm not sure if he gave that up though cos the kids were wrecking his head. They've started doing pasta now too. Wonder if it's much cop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

I had the bangers and mash in the cloister for 5 euro last week and have to say it was the best value lunch i've had in ennis in ages.
    great to see some premises at least trying to give value like this.

• Advertisement

the point i was making fergusman is that it was an advert...ive seen his previous comments on the cloister.
    (there is a section here under the heading bargains.)

so youve had bangers and mash for a fiver?good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

the point i was making fergusman is that it was an advert...ive seen his previous comments on the cloister.
    (there is a section here under the heading bargains.)

so youve had bangers and mash for a fiver?good.

I am pretty sure if you go back far enough on the threads you'll even find a thread dedicated to The Cloister!

Teadrinker wrote: »
    I am pretty sure if you go back far enough on the threads you'll even find a thread dedicated to The Cloister!

im aware of that thread....read the comments of op denying there were undesirables in the cloister at weekends......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Is the cloister the chav spot?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is the cloister the chav spot?
    No, that's Limerick :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

haha some of friends want to go out in ennis some night just asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Centra down St michaels are doing 10" pizza for a fiver, 12" for €7. three mins to cook, not a bad deal!!

Advertisement