Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toddler wakes when peeing

Options
  • 16-11-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My two year old wakes up crying everytime he does a pee. Gets out of his bed and toddles out crying looking for me. It happens about every 3-4 hours, which means I still am getting no proper sleep and neither is he? What can I do? Could there be something about the peeing that is hurting him or just a light sleeper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It might simply just be an uncomfortable and shocking feeling when they wake up with a wet nappy; I know my three year old will start crying in her sleep if she pees. Try cutting back on drinks/water before bedtime. If your toddler wakes up thirsty it might be easier to deal with than the fill crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oh well , okay

IF he's crying during the day after a pee I'd be inclined to check for a rash that could be thrush . Our 3 yr old has had this twice and his most obvious symptoms were crying after going to toilet , a blotchy rash and getting himself into fierce awkward looking positions to get comfortable .

If it's only during the night I'd be going with what Fenster has suggested .

Advertisement