Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Greaser in Cork City?

Options
  • 16-11-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Will be down in Cork for a night and a morning at the end of the month and I'm going to be looking for a decent fry up the next morning, somewhere within walking distance of the pembroke st. area (staying in the maldron).

Any tips? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Uptown Grill, McCurtain Street..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tony's Bistro on North Main Street, or Puccino's in Paul Street. Both do all day breakfasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

And if you want some place slightly more upmarket for the full Irish, try Nash 19 on Princes Street. 2 minutes from Pembroke St,

That's where I go for brekkie if I'm meeting someone early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Tony's is the winner, uptown grill is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Tony's FTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

... But you can't eat in Tony's when sober, only when drunk! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    ... But you can't eat in Tony's when sober, only when drunk! :-D

Great when hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Great when hungover
    That's the plan :) will be playing in Cypress avenue the night before, should be a good trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Faith wrote: »
    Tony's Bistro on North Main Street, or Puccino's in Paul Street. Both do all day breakfasts.

This place is manky. Was in their last week. Would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Esse85 wrote: »
    This place is manky. Was in their last week. Would not recommend.

THe food is perfect IMO, the place was flooded a bit so isn't looking the best, but it's still brilliant IMO! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Tonys is hit & miss, Up Town Grill is good. What is the fry-up in Bullys on Paul St like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

What's the place in the back of Tescos on Paul St. like. Haven't been in there for a few years but it used to be great. Awesome amount of tea and great chips. Good amount of normal breakfast stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Buceph wrote: »
    What's the place in the back of Tescos on Paul St. like. Haven't been in there for a few years but it used to be great. Awesome amount of tea and great chips. Good amount of normal breakfast stuff as well.

Brackens is it? Ya they have good fry ups or maybe it's bullys you're talking about - not bad either:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

leahyl wrote: »
    Brackens is it? Ya they have good fry ups or maybe it's bullys you're talking about - not bad either:)

No, he means the place next to the pay toilets in Paul Street Shopping Centre, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Tony's Bistro on North Main Street!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No, he means the place next to the pay toilets in Paul Street Shopping Centre, I think.
    Which last I saw is no longer there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

The Maldron has a decent breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I second Bullys on Paul Street. Lovely food and absolutely lovely staff as well :)

Advertisement