Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't sync HTC HD2 with Windows 7

• 16-11-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the HTC HD2 and can you sync it with windows 7. I can sync it with Windows XP in the office but not here on Windows 7 ?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

haven't a clue GigaByte sorry - but how is the phone??? am seriously considering it - give me the dirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Windows has trouble connecting with windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

00sully wrote: »
    haven't a clue GigaByte sorry - but how is the phone??? am seriously considering it - give me the dirt!

Phone is great! I didn't really have to do much except change my access settings for meteor 3g to work. One thin I did notice last night was, when searching by Opera it would return the results with french links? Rebooted the phone this morning and just noticed it's now back to english?? :confused:

Just need to get my sync working at home and I think it may have something to do with .net installations but I'll check it out later. Oh and Opera Flash isn't setup but I found a nice app to do it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544770

It's a very fast phone! Very happy so far :D

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Windows has trouble connecting with windows

Windows Xp has no trouble just Windows 7 but I think I'm getting close to a fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭pah

in the properties options of any application in windows 7 there is the choice to run the program in compatability mode for win XP I've had to do this for a few programs that didn't work any other way on 7

• Advertisement

I got it working in the end. The problem was caused from installing Visual Studio 10 beta. To fix the problem I had to install .NET Framework v4 and now its running perfectly. :)

Thanks for the replies.

Untitled-1.jpg

thanks for the info bout the phone too. Im surprised at how little fanfare this phone is getting on this forum!! it ticks almost every single box!

any chance you can update me on how you are finding it? particularly interested in battery life if you are browsing over either wifi or HSDPA?

Also, how is the capacitive screen? How is typing messages on it? :)

thanks for the info bout the phone too. Im surprised at how little fanfare this phone is getting on this forum!! it ticks almost every single box!

I don't think its out here yet but without doubt it beats the pants of all other phones. The screen is crystal clear at 800x480
    any chance you can update me on how you are finding it? particularly interested in battery life if you are browsing over either wifi or HSDPA? Also, how is the capacitive screen? How is typing messages on it? :)

The phone is brilliant, I keep finding new features on it. I like the way the contacts link to the contacts in your facebook and update the contacts picture to match their profile picture. You can also check out all their fb photo albums from within your contacts :D

I've been using both wifi and HSDPA and the speeds are excellent. I haven't run any speed tests yet but will do when I get a chance. I was stuck in traffic yesterday and tried HSDPA for Youtube and it streamed all clips without a blip.

The capacitive screen is very responsive maybe a little to responsive but I switch my keyboard to the phone keyboard and find that alot easier to use. Pinch to zoom works very well too.

I'm just have a problem setting up flash for Opera at the moment, other than that no problems with the phone at all. I love it, its really like having a PC in my pocket! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

GigaByte, I'm glad you're enjoying your new handset. I'm been championing this handset for a while now; as you saw in the other HD2 thread. I'm also surprised that there hasn't been more buzz about it, like 00sully said, as it beats pretty much all other handsets in the same field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Im on the fence as to weather to buy this or the hero at the moment. What are the pictures like from the camera?Any chance you could upload one if you have a chance?

Does it support bluetooth transfare to other mobiles? Wats the loudspeaker like on it?

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    Im on the fence as to weather to buy this or the hero at the moment. What are the pictures like from the camera?Any chance you could upload one if you have a chance?

Does it support bluetooth transfare to other mobiles? Wats the loudspeaker like on it?

I haven't taken any proper pictures with it but the ones I have taken look good for a phone and the video clips look great. Here's a picture I took just now
    IMAG0002.jpg

I uploaded the full picture but photobucket seems to scale it down...

Loudspeaker is good but you'll have problems hearing it in a pub i'd say, I'll test it out this week end for you! :D and it does bluetooth transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Cheers! Is this your first windows based device or what were u using before it?

How are you finding the battery life on it at present too?

eireal wrote: »
    Cheers! Is this your first windows based device or what were u using before it?

How are you finding the battery life on it at present too?

It's not my first windows mobile I used to have the HTC Atremis. The battery lasts about a day with medium usage, it could be better. I might pick up a spare battery. Once I get my car charger it shouldn't be a problem. :)

have you ever used an Android phone GigaByte? just wondering how the UI's compare!

I was expecting poor battery life to be honest but may be able to put up with that since i'll be near a charger daily.

one more qs - does the size feel obtrusive at all?

I have a very tiny phone and im more concerned over slenderness BUT this phone is so wide and tall (altho thin!!) just wondering how comfertable it is to carry in pocket and use with one hand!?

have you ever used an Android phone GigaByte? just wondering how the UI's compare!

I was expecting poor battery life to be honest but may be able to put up with that since i'll be near a charger daily.

one more qs - does the size feel obtrusive at all?

I have a very tiny phone and im more concerned over slenderness BUT this phone is so wide and tall (altho thin!!) just wondering how comfertable it is to carry in pocket and use with one hand!?

I haven't used an Android phone yet but if you look at the 2 new HTC phones, HTC Hero and the HTC HD2 they both use different operating systems, Android and Windows but they use the same GUI, HTC Sence UI.

If you are just comparing UI's HTC Sence is alot better looking than the Android UI which is a lot better looking than the Windows UI :D

The first time you use the phone, it feels big but you get used to the size very quickly and it fits into my back pocket very nicely. It has a nice meaty feel to it.

Advertisement