Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog dances before eating.

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just think this is funny, perhaps others have seen sth similer. Any how, when I put the food down for my dog, he starts to dance in front of it. First he shifts his weight from one paw to the other (front) then he starts to rub his nose off the groung, then begins to push the bowl about a bit, all this before he starts to take the food out of the bowl and eat it off the floor. this can last for 5 mins, we call it "the dance of the sugar plumb fairy"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

My two older dogs just sit on the floor and wait patiently when I produce their bowls to put their dinner in but the youngest runs off and gets either a rubber chicken (which when squeaked sounds like a real chicken having it's neck wrung :() or a squeaky ball and makes as much noise with them as she can. When I pick the bowls up to give to them she stands on her hind legs and dances backwards until I put her bowl in front of her. The strange thing is that she only does this at dinner time and not at breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

One of our female JRTs does it, we call it the dance of the seven veils. Glad to see that she is not the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

My Shepherd and rottie sit patiently watching while I prepare their food however my dozy dobbie spins in fast circles until he gets his bowl of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

One of my greyhounds bolts out of the kennel for her dinner and wolfs it down.

The other one waits in the same kennel for it to be put in her bench, then eats it nut by nut.

Completely different personalities.

Advertisement