Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silver charm link bracelets

• 16-11-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post but mu husband asked me what I want for christmas and I fancy a charm bracelet. Some kind of heavy link silver one in a classic style, that we can add charms to as time goes on. Anyone know of any really nice ones and have any links. I am in my mid 30's so am I to old for the whole charm bracelet thing. I am not tinking of the Pandora style ones, more the old fashioned ones.

Looking forward to lots of links as not really sure where to start looking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Not sure if this is the right place to post but mu husband asked me what I want for christmas and I fancy a charm bracelet. Some kind of heavy link silver one in a classic style, that we can add charms to as time goes on. Anyone know of any really nice ones and have any links. I am in my mid 30's so am I to old for the whole charm bracelet thing. I am not tinking of the Pandora style ones, more the old fashioned ones.

Looking forward to lots of links as not really sure where to start looking.

House of Fraser have a Thomas Sabo counter and the jewellery in there is gorgeous. Not to expensive either, I have 4 charms for my necklace each one was roughly 25-30 each but they are lovely very detailed too. Worth a look. :)

CharmRing.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Links of London have nice ones and are for sale in Brown Thomas. Just google the name and you will come up with the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Thank you so much for the early replys. Do yu guys think I am to old for one. I always wanted one but only ever wanr=ted my husband to get it for me so that he could add charms for special times in our life. My mum had a really heavy gold one that is like the love story of her and my fathers marrage. He got the last charm for her about a year or so before he died.

Anyone I see wearing charm bracelets now seems so young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Nope of course not, you're definitely not too old for one, they're ageless! The Links ones are lovely but they're very "now" and more recognisable than the Pandora ones even. Maybe go for a Tiffany one if you want to add on to it over time. You could probably get a beautiful one in a local jeweller as well but it's difficult to get the links for less popular brands.

Thank you so much for the early replys. Do yu guys think I am to old for one. I always wanted one but only ever wanr=ted my husband to get it for me so that he could add charms for special times in our life. My mum had a really heavy gold one that is like the love story of her and my fathers marrage. He got the last charm for her about a year or so before he died.

Anyone I see wearing charm bracelets now seems so young.

Don't be silly your not to old at all. Women of all ages wear them, my mother wears them and she's in her late 40s!

I think it's a lovely idea to add charms for special times of your lives together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 blueeyedblonde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Ti Sento have a gorgeous range of charm bracelets out for christmas, you can buy different style bracelets and than add your charms from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tiffany do lovely silver link bracelets - I have one!

They are expensive though - you're talking 200+ for the bracelet and then 100+ for each of the charms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Thomas Sabo have lovely charms but in my opinion, they're way to expensive for what they are. I got a treble clef one last year for christmas and have already had it replaced three times, they didn't just fix the clasp, i got a new charm everytime. Nice maybe, but its not nice when it falls off and you realise the clasp has broken. I was so lucky to have noticed mine fall the 3 times.

A friend of mine has maybe 7 T.S charms and has had the same problem with 3 of hers...

Hard to resist them when you see them in the display cabinet though!

aoife2k wrote: »
    Thomas Sabo have lovely charms but in my opinion, they're way to expensive for what they are. I got a treble clef one last year for christmas and have already had it replaced three times, they didn't just fix the clasp, i got a new charm everytime. Nice maybe, but its not nice when it falls off and you realise the clasp has broken. I was so lucky to have noticed mine fall the 3 times.

A friend of mine has maybe 7 T.S charms and has had the same problem with 3 of hers...

Hard to resist them when you see them in the display cabinet though!

I've had the same 4 charms for 2 yrs now and never had problems with any of them and 3 of the 4 are worn everyday single day, except for nights out. My mother and sister the same, and they were them on bracelets and not necklaces like me.

• Advertisement

Ti Sento have a gorgeous range of charm bracelets out for christmas, you can buy different style bracelets and than add your charms from there.

What shop are they in?

lizt wrote: »
    Tiffany do lovely silver link bracelets - I have one!

They are expensive though - you're talking 200+ for the bracelet and then 100+ for each of the charms.

Is BT's the only place that dose Tiffany in Dublin?

Advertisement