Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead 2 Launch

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

who's getting up at 5am to play?
    other than me for few hours before work :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Probably get up at 7. 5 is just a wee bit too early. Can't wait though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

not if you sleep early :D

need some people to play with. no one else is getting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I reckon there will be a few of us on after 8pm would love to get an 4v4 going. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

i hate versus mode.

everything else should be good.
    i'm good for players in evening. just not morning :D
    damn people sleeping when they could be killing infected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'll be on steam anyway around 6pm tomorrow.

What with Valves track record, I don't think I could gamble my sleep that the game will actually get unlocked at 5am tomorrow. If I waited 4 hours for it to unlock, didn't get to play and then had to go to work it would kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Feck it I'm off to France this weekend :/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Looking forward to lashings and lashings of delicious brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

I'll definitely be playing at some stage tomorrow anyway, maybe some time in the morning but most likely later. Steam ID is the incredible pudding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It just finished pre-loading for me there. I'll have my sleep thanks but will be around tomorrow for some games brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rather than burn 2 hours waiting ill stash the 2 hours and get up early before work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Gonna wait for the reviews i see no reason to get this, it looks no different to l4d in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

woke up early to try it out. Keeps crashing on me though with no error report or anything; its really frustrating! Checked the forums for any info but the solution the gave (turn violence down in the launch options) hasn't made a difference. Feckin' valve and their stupid launches!

Steam is borked again as usual. Took me 3 attempts before i could even log in, and then it just freezes when it looks for updates...

looks like i wont be playing this til later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Started at 8am. Great great game.

woke up early to try it out. Keeps crashing on me though with no error report or anything; its really frustrating! Checked the forums for any info but the solution the gave (turn violence down in the launch options) hasn't made a difference. Feckin' valve and their stupid launches!

well, half an hour after booting my PC Steam finally allowed me to play and I get the same damn thing.

possible fix for this if anyone's interested:
    * Close Steam
    * Go To ..\steam\steamapps
    * Delete left 4 dead 2 client.ncf
    * Delete left 4 dead 2 common.ncf
    * Restart Steam
    * Right-click L4D2 and Install
    * Let it sort itself out.

seems the issue is as a result of corruptions in these manifest files.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Should have taken the day off. At least i'm off early today so will be on steam later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Same here, to anyone who playing – what's it like? I'd be interested to know what scavenger mode is like – does it feel tacked on or a complete new game type?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hold on. Are you telling me that Valve released this game on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I played Scavenger a few weeks ago, haven't tried it yet today. It didn't feel tacked on then, but really really fun.

So far played Dead Center and Dark Carnival with 3 others on Advanced. Versus after lunch!

• Advertisement

grizzly wrote: »
    Same here, to anyone who playing – what's it like? I'd be interested to know what scavenger mode is like – does it feel tacked on or a complete new game type?

I like it, although it's pretty poor on public servers. If one player isn't playing half assed it ruins it. It's a combination of versus and survival really. Some levels work much better than others though.
    Jumpy wrote: »
    Hold on. Are you telling me that Valve released this game on time?

yes, but full of bugs.
    koneko wrote: »
    I played Scavenger a few weeks ago, haven't tried it yet today. It didn't feel tacked on then, but really really fun.

So far played Dead Center and Dark Carnival with 3 others on Advanced. Versus after lunch!

Played dead centre on normal, but lost connection on the last level of the swamp campaign. two tanks tho!

Whats the Kim Swift designed campaign like? I'm really interested in playing that one.

im waiting till i get home and have the big shout out about the speeding ticket i got last night :o then 5 campaigns to take my mind off the horrible experience \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Overheal wrote: »
    im waiting till i get home and have the big shout out about the speeding ticket i got last night :o then 5 campaigns to take my mind off the horrible experience \o/

The faster you drive home the sooner you can play. Just sayin'.

not helpful! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Fnz wrote: »
    The faster you drive home the sooner you can play. Just sayin'.

And also the less time your on the road the less chance you'll crash, that's statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wish I was back home with my gaming PC right now :(

/curses ****ty laptop graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

As expected steam had it's little hiccup as the whole world tries to get the last bit of the download.

Played through Dead Centre (the mall) and Swamp Fever and both were good fun. They're shorter than the l4d campaigns but I think that makes more sense as versus could takes ages sometimes.

Hopefully get my versus on this evening.

shorter how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Dead centre is only 3 levels long and Swamp Fever 4.

Advertisement