Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie movie question??

Options
  • 16-11-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Well after Zombieland ive been on a mad Zombie moving watching spree. I went to a screening there on friday night in the suggar club of " day of the dead " 1978. Have to say really enjoyed it having not seen those older zombie movies since i was a kid. And while I thought it was good I thought the remake was better, or was it.....

So any way I had the remake on DVD as well as diary of the dead and i realised i had not watched them. So I went on to watch the day of the dead remake, only its not the film I as thinking it was. I was thinking it was that other zombie movie where they are in a shopping center and getting a red kneck to kill the Jay leno Zombie look a like, also with the mad baby zombie and that.

So im confused what was that modern zombie movie in the shopping center.?

And regarding the actual remake I have with Mena survi and Ving reems im even more confused, whats with the all ninja jedi Zombies. Ill get on the band wagon and say the remake is the far superior film there... Even if it is very cheesy now.....

So can some Zombie nut out clarify what is going on for me....

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dawn of the Dead (78) = shopping centre

Day of the Dead (84) = underground military base

Dawn of the Dead (04) = also in a shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dawn of the Dead is the one you are thinking of. Very enjoyable, but totally different to Romero's version. The '78 one was a social commentary. The '04 one was more of an action flick, without the deep seeded racial commentary and consumerism.

The Day of the Dead remake is horrific. And thats coming from me, I usually find something to like about a film. Its been added to my "Oh good God, no I won't watch that ever again" pile, consisting of that and Knowing.

For a different take on the zombie genre, try out Fido. I think its brilliant!

And I have Colin at home to watch, supposedly the £45 zombie film. Its a zombie film from the zombies point of view.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

And I have Colin at home to watch, supposedly the £45 zombie film. Its a zombie film from the zombies point of view.

I saw Colin recently and thought it was good fun. Not exactly mind blowing but it at least did something a bit different with the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes i see my mistake now it was Dawn of the dead i went so see firday night, not day thanks for the clarifaction. I watched day of the dead recently and thought it was very slow and boaring.

I Think regarding Dawn of dead I prefer the action version from 2004 it was just done better. I found a lot of people just laughing at its cheesyness on friday night. Great movie for its time but we all watched it in 2009 not 1979.

On the day of the dead remake all I can say is I htink the 12 year old that wrote the script did very well, his parents must be proud of him...

I must check out that colin sounds intresting but for tonight im taking on Diary of the dead, wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Well, Diary is nothing like the Dawn remake.

Its slower paced, and more in the vein of the original Day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

Another vote for Fido here.

Also check out Zombie Honeymoon. You can find it cheap on play.com. Low budget but very good.

Dead Snow is fun if you like Nazi zombies.

Advertisement