Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jumpsuits-yay or nay?

• 16-11-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

What do you think? My husband thinks they are vile, but I like them. Thinking of getting one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no, unless...

you have red hair.
    said hair is in a bob.
    said jumpsuit is yellow.
    you wear white boots with it.
    you're a news reporter.
    and you're name is April O'Neill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

See, I even think she looks pretty cool :)

april_o%27neil_fashion_doll_cartoon0.GIF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH, I think they're fairly vile. The sooner this mini-eighties revival with bodysuits, jumpsuits, shoulder pads and distressed denim dies out, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

That's what Creamy was saying. Unless you're April O'Neill, no.

I don't agree with that, personally. I would think unless you're April O'Neill or a child under the age of 6, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

One of the biggest crimes against fashion ever....... really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Don't like them, haven't seen one girl/woman pull the look off well yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Dear god... a hundred times nay D=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They're a huge seller in River Island atm, it's pretty hilarious considering everyone on here is writing them off as a nay! Who is buying them?!!!

I don't own one myself but tbh, I have seen some women try them on and look really well in them. I think if you're happy and comfortable, you should just wear whatever you want, regardless of what others think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

NO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I styled a customer in this:
    36T10VBLK_large.jpg

top-shop-studded-belt.jpg

Mega heels and a truck load of tumbling necklaces, thought it was nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Twee. wrote: »
    I styled a customer in this:

How can you even see the belt when the fabric is draped over the waistband..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I can see it working Twee! Good one!
    I like them; not for everyone and can't see me wearing a full length one (I do own an off the shoulder playsuit tho) but I think they can work for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

I think they can work on some people. I have a couple of playsuits that look nice on.

Twee, I'm sorry but there is no way that would look good on anyone - nappy bottom comes to mind when I see that.

I'm just thinking...what would you look like in a sudden gust of wind?

Really Dudara? altho I do think you need to be very tall and willowy to wear them. Short peoples like me are out! and always with heels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Thanks for replies.
    These are the 2 I like-
    image1l.jpg

image1l.jpg
    Does this make any difference to your opinions?
    Although after consideration I probably won't get one because I'd buy it, try it on loads, plan to wear it out then change my mind and then by the time I get the courage to wear it they will be gone out of fashion again!

I couldn't possibly wear those two jumpsuits without a chunky belt. They are nice - as far as jumpsuits go, that is!

Really Dudara? altho I do think you need to be very tall and willowy to wear them. Short peoples like me are out! and always with heels

The picture that Twee posted has harem legs (I think) and I've never seen that saggy arse style look well on anyone - even the tall and willowy.

rosebush - the two pictures that you've posted are quite nice - they're pretty elegant looking with those lovely wide legged pants. (they remind me of coco chanel and smoking pants post-war).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee - I like what you posted! :)

I'm not mad about the flared leg jumpsuits tbph. As I said though, it's up to you and what you feel happy wearing, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Thanks for replies.
    These are the 2 I like-
    image1l.jpg

image1l.jpg
    Does this make any difference to your opinions?
    Although after consideration I probably won't get one because I'd buy it, try it on loads, plan to wear it out then change my mind and then by the time I get the courage to wear it they will be gone out of fashion again!

I have one that is more or less the same as these from Topshop and it is the nicest thing to wear.

Thumbs up to jumpsuits! I have a couple of different ones. I hate the harem pants one though, don't suit anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

I picked up a jumpsuit from the Limited Editions collection in Pennys for €25... will give it the first outing this weekend... Haven't seen any out yet so hopefully won't be getting too many weird looks :D

It's definitely one of the more bizarre trends around at the moment but sure a bit of fun!

dudara wrote: »
    The picture that Twee posted has harem legs (I think) and I've never seen that saggy arse style look well on anyone - even the tall and willowy.

Dudara that made me laugh aloud! OKay, I do agree thE saggy arse look is a major FAIL!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 sarasull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

I just don't know! I love love love the idea of wearing one but I think I'd just feel way too look at me. I really like the ones you posted Rosebush, that's what I was thinking of too, all black so it's more subtle. I wrote a post about the dilemma and found this picture of lily Allen looking woeful

jumpsuit21.jpg

That's what I'm afraid of! But that actress looks really cool..

I think the playsuit you posted Sarasull is more wearable than a long leg one, especially like the photo of her wearing it with a blazer looks cool.

Any brave 'normal' person care to post a photo? :D

Advertisement