Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch?? Fanore?? This Saturday

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Folks,
    Yet another stag in Galway this Sat night, I am too old for this:eek:. Looking for some local knowledge, any point in getting up early and going via Fanore or Lahinch given the current forecast. I usually surf Sligo/Donegal so, just did Fanore once previously (on way to amother stag) so don't know how forecast will impact.
    Any local advice:confused:?

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Howdy,

It'll likely be blown out and a mess, SW wind and Clare coastline is not a good mix. The forecast could change but even then the window of opportunity for decent waves would be small and you'd need to know the spots.

Downer I know, but at least you're headed out for the night :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My advice would be to stay in the pub, or go windsurfing :)

Fanore is a lovely spot when its not blown to bits though, a little over an hour from Galway. But it gets awfully big when it's windy, and the currents would pull you all over the place.

Advertisement