Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV - bellbox blew off the wall !

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Seems the wind has blown my Astec S20 SAB bellbox off the wall. I was going to replace it and the Astec 63DV panel with a Menvier M800 panel and Novagard 6 bellbox. However for now I think I will temporarily just fit the Novagard to the Astec panel as is.

Looking at the remains of the Astec S20 bellbox, it does not have standard cable connections. The Novagard has the usual 0V/STR-/+12V/S-/TMPR/etc terminals.

How do I connect that to the Astec panel (SAB mode) ? Does it have such terminals on its motherboard ?

Thanks

Frank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

franksm wrote: »
    Hi folks

Seems the wind has blown my Astec S20 SAB bellbox off the wall. I was going to replace it and the Astec 63DV panel with a Menvier M800 panel and Novagard 6 bellbox. However for now I think I will temporarily just fit the Novagard to the Astec panel as is.

Looking at the remains of the Astec S20 bellbox, it does not have standard cable connections. The Novagard has the usual 0V/STR-/+12V/S-/TMPR/etc terminals.

How do I connect that to the Astec panel (SAB mode) ? Does it have such terminals on its motherboard ?

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

What you need is a SAB conversion kit made by astec, the code is S22. What this does is turns the two core connection of the astec into a six core connection for the external bell.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Thanks !

I don't want to spend any more on this alarm unless it's <EUR20, so I will just have to get started on the new install. I had the Menvier M800 up and running in the previous house and it's a great piece of kit

Cheers
    Frank

Advertisement