Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening in third level? DCU said no to strike!

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Well. my lot have just voted no to strike action, whether on the 24th, or later, admittedly by a whisker, but definitely a no.

What are the other third level colleges doing? I heard that UCD and TCD were going out, but I can't confirm that.
    Anthony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

SIPTU are discussing the "provisional" vote tomorrow night at an urgent meeting!

lets see if SIPTU go against the democratic vote of the workers? i wonder if they'll copy the government and have another ballot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Assuming the DCU lecturers are members of the same Union as those in TCD and UCD and the majority of members voted to strike, then the DCU lecturers will accept the majority vote and strike

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't find a source but on the DKIT forum a poster said that our lot are going on strike. A little annoying tbh.

Advertisement