Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dtv, can hear rte and tv3 but no picture

• 17-11-2009 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Just looked at the title and realised there were alot of 3 lettered abbreviated words.

Anyway, to my question. I have a 52inch (I think)Samsung, model: ps-50q7hd

I have a freesat box attached and I also have a tv ariel attached too. The picture was terrible so I got a new aerial on the roof, think it's a HD ariel.

Prior to getting it, I couldn't get anything on the "DTV" part of the tv, but tonight I scanned through and got 5 channels, 2 radio station radio 1 and 2fm, but I also got rte 1, rte 2 and tv3.

I was happy to see them coming up as i'd love to get them with a great picture, only problem is I can only hear them on the tv and not actually see a picture.

does anyone know why this is? Thanks for the help, and I hope this is in the right forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

It's most likely your TV only supports MPEG2 whereas Irish DTV is MPEG4.

See this forum for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

well that tv is a lot of use if that's the case. it's my dads tv anyway, he prob shouldn't have bought it from the back of his mates lorry ;)

*Edit- Thanks for the response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

only some of the most recent TVs will have MPEG4 tuners built in, but you can buy MPEG4 decoders cheap enough. and you can also get an MPEG4 DTV/Satellite decoders as well, so that'd be an all-in-one solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

big_moe wrote: »
    only some of the most recent TVs will have MPEG4 tuners built in, but you can buy MPEG4 decoders cheap enough. and you can also get an MPEG4 DTV/Satellite decoders as well, so that'd be an all-in-one solution!

Can you link to something that could be used with an mpeg2 tv to view the mpeg4 broadcasts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

in work we used to sell this one for €149. but they havent had any in stock for a good while now http://www.hinke.dk/pdf/Produktblad%20HT0100.pdf

the only ones i can find now are the dtt/satellite boxes http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/technomatehd.htm#6900

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement