Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice distortion device

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

This may sound daft but in a song im doin at the mo i need to change my voice to sound ...well silly. Is there a device i can buy and just hold it up to my mouth in front of the mike ??? all help appreciated:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Nobody:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭robototitico

Are you thinking of making prank phonecalls or summat?

What I would do If i were you, is get some software, like cubase or audacity or something, and then download a good plug-in for it. SOmething like a vocoder or anyhting realy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Nah not prank phonecalls lad :p Im lookin for something that will give my voice the same or similar effect as say if u sucked a helium baloon, Im doin a song for a charity competition need a voice change in the middle of it. I thought there may be some kinda unit that u speak into that could do my job i just dont really know !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

if you need to sound like you've taken helium just slow the song way down. Then record your part as normal. then speed the song back up to regular speed.

I know a good producer who could help you, and wouldnt charge an arm or a leg. PM me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zerotech

You might have a look at some analogue gear, found this 8-filter vocoder kit at http://www.paia.com/vocoder.asp There are some wav files on the page which give some idea of the sound to expect.

How did you get on with this by the way?

Advertisement