Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought car readvertised

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Folks, I'm very worried. I bought a car on Carzone a month ago and some other punter has now got it advertised. Its definitely the same car including number plate. I got the log book sent away and it came back in my name, I got a mechanic to check the car, I got a garda to do a stolen car search on it, done a cartell.ie finance check and also got the nct centre to confirm the owner. Someone please reassure me.....

Have reported this to carzone!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Sounds to me like the new ad could be some sort of scam, the advertiser might just have grabbed the photos from the original ad. Don't worry about it, you've done your checks, you're the named owner and you've contacted Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are lots of scam adverts on carzone where they steal photos of legitimate cars like yours and pretend to be selling it in the hope of scaming someone out of money. I bet their contact number is fake too. I think all you can really do is report it to carzone so that they remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it advertised a bit too cheaply? If so, certain scam and forget about it.
    Why not try to buy it! You will soon find out its a scam when they come back with a dodgy story about where the car is and why they are selling it etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

mickdw wrote: »
    Is it advertised a bit too cheaply? If so, certain scam and forget about it.
    Why not try to buy it! You will soon find out its a scam when they come back with a dodgy story about where the car is and why they are selling it etc etc

Thanks folks. Hopefully it'll all be ok. Location and number were different but the ad was the same. E-mailed Carzone a few days ago and they removed the ad but wouldnt say anything more. Then they e-mailed me today that the seller was in touch and wanted to know where the add was so I've e-mailed carzone and asked them to ring me first thing in the morning that this is possible a matter for the Gardai to investigate....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Any chance that the guy has the exact same car for sale, but doesn't have a camera/cant be bothered to take a picture so just used a picture from your advert?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Let us know when carzone remove the advert - I'm curious to know what kind of reaction time they have nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

mickdw wrote: »

Especially good when you show up to view in the car they're selling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Senna wrote: »
    Any chance that the guy has the exact same car for sale, but doesn't have a camera/cant be bothered to take a picture so just used a picture from your advert?

I would say that this is the most likely scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Senna wrote: »

Even if that's the case he's a muppet for not removing the registration of the car on the pictures in photoshop etc. That's asking for trouble.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

carzone put a pic of someone elses car on an advert of mine before. Thats maybe why they didn't give you an explanation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement