Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New glasses make me dizzy

• 17-11-2009 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Got new glasses and though I had a full inspection an can see perfectly in them I feel slightly dizzy when I wear them. Hasnt happened previously, might they be too strong?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

Got new glasses and though I had a full inspection an can see perfectly in them I feel slightly dizzy when I wear them. Hasnt happened previously, might they be too strong?

Any ideas folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jenny487

I don't think so, it's just that they're new. What is your prescription? I was -7.50 and ANY change was monumental. Just gave up and got eyes lasered! It used to take me and my twin (-9.50) anything up to a month or more to adjust. What do you work at? Did you just begin a computer job, learn how to drive? Stuff like that that really affects your vision and makes a big impact I find. R u short or long sighted?

Jenny

Also, why don't you get another optician to independently assess your eyes and see what they come up with? I know it's an inconvenience, but could help. Also get glasses adjusted to fit face better?

Jenny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It's happened to me before too. If it lasts for more than a day or two then go back to your optician pronto

If it is happening all the time then go back immediately!

that's a good point faceman. i'm so used to being incapacitated with new specs that i forget what's normal for me is not normal for others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Got new glasses there last week as well. Have been extremely dizzy and have had really bad headache's since I started to use them...I just put it down to a computer screen and havn't woren glasses in about three years...would I be right?

Got new glasses there last week as well. Have been extremely dizzy and have had really bad headache's since I started to use them...I just put it down to a computer screen and havn't woren glasses in about three years...would I be right?

could well be it, but i suppose it's different for everyone..........the headaches were normal for me cos I was so blind any little change was monumental. but severe dizziness? not sure bout that. distortion would be a probelm i assume but how much should dizziness be associated with that? all you can do is check and double check with an independent optician? that it what i would do!

jenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

hi jenny

i had this problem too- asked the optician and she tested the glasses and said it was the type of lens coating that had been used. it's a covering that is more scratch resistant than on normal lenses. i can't remember what it was called, but it's something to ask about.

milly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I had this when I got new glasses after my prescription went up a small bit. It's just your eyes getting used to the new lens. It goes away after a day or two. Nothing to worry about

Advertisement