Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appologies WTF??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Daithio wrote: »
    That's a really dangerous view to hold. Do you think that Hitler shouldn't be criticised by non-Germans, because we "don't know what we're talking about". The absue of children isn't really a very complex issue, it's wrong, plain as. Your being Australian doesn't give you any more of a right to hold an opinion on the morality of it, just because it happened there. And if you want to avoid talking to Irish people about the troubles, then fair enough. But you're still entitled to an opinion about it, whether your Irish or not.

Thats an exaggeration of my view. I dont think that Hitler should be criticised by people who only get their information from press or tabloid sources, and as he is a very well known historical figure, that is not usually the way people form opinions on him. What is discussed in school or what is researched out of interest as an adult is at least giving you an educated view instead of an inflated "OMG" view of the subject.

If I formed my view of the Irish based on news reports from when I was growing up, then you would all be murdering, psycho scumbags in my mind. Thankfully I didnt. So I generally dont post things such as "Irishmen known as murdering scum is not exactly news". *cough*
    My reply was aimed specifically at one poster Daitho hence the apology. Unless of course he was referring to Ozzie the ostrich who is of course racist, pink feathered scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Jumpy wrote: »
    Thats an exaggeration of my view. I dont think that Hitler should be criticised by people who only get their information from press or tabloid sources, and as he is a very well known historical figure, that is not usually the way people form opinions on him. What is discussed in school or what is researched out of interest as an adult is at least giving you an educated view instead of an inflated "OMG" view of the subject.

If I formed my view of the Irish based on news reports from when I was growing up, then you would all be murdering, psycho scumbags in my mind. Thankfully I didnt. So I generally dont post things such as "Irishmen known as murdering scum is not exactly news". *cough*
    My reply was aimed specifically at one poster Daitho hence the apology. Unless of course he was referring to Ozzie the ostrich who is of course racist, pink feathered scum.

Well just because you got your information about Ireland from tabloid sources, that doesn't mean that everybody else got their information about Australia from tabloid sources.

Daithio wrote: »
    Well just because you got your information about Ireland from tabloid sources, that doesn't mean that everybody else got their information about Australia from tabloid sources.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63162168&postcount=42

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

that link that you posted proves absolutely nothing, quoting yourself to try prove a point...

Traq wrote: »
    that link that you posted proves absolutely nothing, quoting yourself to try prove a point...

Read the second sentence again. Welcome to the discussion by the way, we were warned to stay on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Doc wrote: »
    I wonder if in 50 years the Australian government will be apologizing for the treatment of the people being detained on Christmas Island?

I was involved in the care of some of the detainees in Baxter detention camp, ( originally El Alamain), there will be a lot of consequences in the future for some of the children that were detained there.
    It was a punitive system, designed to destroy families, to "encourage" them to seek "voluntary" repatriation back to the war zones where Diggers are now dying. FUBAR

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Read the second sentence again. Welcome to the discussion by the way, we were warned to stay on topic.

I understand the second sentence and still don't see how it helps your case. Sure, Jank says that he read about the issue, but surely this could imply that he researched it out of interest, which you concede you have no issues with. You are the only one to mention that Jank formed his opinion from reading tabloid newspapers, and then you quote a link back to your own post to "prove" that Jank gets his opinion from tabloid sources.

Interesting logic to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ok, this thread is just going round in circles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement