Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never take another puff

Options
  • 17-11-2009 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I am posting this in the hope that it will help others as much as it helped me and I apologise if it has been posted before but I could'nt find a reference to it.
    This is a link that will open an e book entitled "Never take another puff" and is authored by Joel Spitzer.
    http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf
    I found the book to be a bit "American" in places, but I also found it made a lot of sense in an uncompromising manner. As a long term smoker, I have tried various methods including patches with varying degrees of sucess/failure as I always went back to the smokes and never really felt convinced I was quiting.
    I can't say it will work for you, but if you are commited to the quit and can accept the mantra of Never Take Another Puff, it just might be the key to help you quit.
    I read this and decided to go cold turkey for the first time, and no it was'nt easy for the first 3 days but it got easier and I'm now smoke free for a little over 4 months. Now I realise that is not a long period of time but I really do feel I have beat the addiction this time.
    I don't wish to be breaking Board rules as I am relatively new to this so I add the following disclaimers!
    I should point out I merely conveying information and have no association with the website. I also point out that the e book is free to download as a resource. Good luck with your quit!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Well done Judas. I am off them a little over 4 months too and also found WhyQuit excellent. Am actually delighted you posted this, have been hit with bad cravings for the last few days for some unknown reason.....bit disconserting after being off them 19 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 anle

My personal method about 7 years ago was to put a pack in the most convenient places but day after day to delay the moment when to open any of them. I had them there if i really needed them so it was easy to just delay a bit and a bit. after about a year I put the packs in the trash.

Advertisement