Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber flooring for small ensuite

Options
  • 17-11-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

Small ensuite with no radiator and want if possible to put a rubber type flooring down as will be warmer than exisiting tiles.
    Does anyone know where I can get either tiles or roll ideally of a textured rubber like material that can be relatively easily laid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Webbs wrote: »
    Small ensuite with no radiator and want if possible to put a rubber type flooring down as will be warmer than exisiting tiles.
    Does anyone know where I can get either tiles or roll ideally of a textured rubber like material that can be relatively easily laid?
    Rubber is nice but actually doesn't handle water very well, it tends to get white marks from any standing water or even damp towels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Rubber is nice but actually doesn't handle water very well, it tends to get white marks from any standing water or even damp towels etc.

Thanks for that info, I guess suggestions for a similar type of flooring would be good, am looking for something with a bit of texture and warm underfoot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you tried marmoleum?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Webbs wrote: »
    Thanks for that info, I guess suggestions for a similar type of flooring would be good, am looking for something with a bit of texture and warm underfoot

Cork.

Have it in the Kitchen and our en-suite and it feels brilliant under foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Linoleum and vinyl (PVC) are two other options which feel warm, are water resistant, easy to clean, dead easy to lay and look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Andonis Obretin

B&Q do these wonderfull rubber type square tiles in loads of different designs and textures. Theyre self adhesive and all you do is peel the back off and lay it down. and they stay there for years. I know quite a few people that has them and I had installedloads of them aswell as living room types and wooden floor ones, theire warm durable easy to wash and more importantly - CHEAP. Now it isn't as easy to do a good job of it without having done it before but you can ask me for a few triks of the trade if u decide to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

B&Q do these wonderfull rubber type square tiles in loads of different designs and textures. Theyre self adhesive and all you do is peel the back off and lay it down. and they stay there for years. I know quite a few people that has them and I had installedloads of them aswell as living room types and wooden floor ones, theire warm durable easy to wash and more importantly - CHEAP. Now it isn't as easy to do a good job of it without having done it before but you can ask me for a few triks of the trade if u decide to go with it.

PM sent

Advertisement