Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Street Heating Issue

Options
  • 17-11-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Dont know if many of you have classes in KE408 but maybe someone can point me the right way

I am part of DT249/2 we are the part time IS/IT class (evenings)
    We spend 3 hours every Monday and Tuesday evening (18:30 - 21:30) in KE408

Last night the room was so cold that we all had coats and hats on (some of the class where lucky enough to have gloves) room has been this cold for about 2 weeks now

I went around the room last night and tried to turn on the heaters but no luck (only 2 of them seemed to be working and the heat from them was minimal)

I has been said to the teachers but they have enough on there plate

anyway in short, room is way to cold (its warmer outside the building)
    can anyone point me to someone I should contact about the issue

Thanks

BH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

babyhack wrote: »
    Dont know if many of you have classes in KE408 but maybe someone can point me the right way

I am part of DT249/2 we are the part time IS/IT class (evenings)
    We spend 3 hours every Monday and Tuesday evening (18:30 - 21:30) in KE408

Last night the room was so cold that we all had coats and hats on (some of the class where lucky enough to have gloves) room has been this cold for about 2 weeks now

I went around the room last night and tried to turn on the heaters but no luck (only 2 of them seemed to be working and the heat from them was minimal)

I has been said to the teachers but they have enough on there plate

anyway in short, room is way to cold (its warmer outside the building)
    can anyone point me to someone I should contact about the issue

Thanks

BH

We had the same issue two years ago (the very same room). Contact you year coordintator or course coordinator (Mr Ciaran O'Leary).

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Thanks

Have emailed our year coordintator (we have class with him tonight in that room)
    hopefully something can be sorted

BH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

If the class is small enough you should be able to commandeer another classroom. We did that (twice) this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I hate that bloody room! Had the same problem with that room last year too. Was told the problem is the heaters are on timers, so go on at set times during the year.
    It would be a good idea to give the SU a shout as well as the lecturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

I hate that bloody room! Had the same problem with that room last year too. Was told the problem is the heaters are on timers, so go on at set times during the year.
    It would be a good idea to give the SU a shout as well as the lecturers.

Thats just crap

There is heat on in every other room and in the hallways so its not an issue with timers

Have not heard back from our year head yet (will give him time to reply) but if needs be I will bring it up with the SU

I mean its not like as a class we are asking for much, alot of the class left early last night cause of the cold

BH

• Advertisement
Advertisement