Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France v Rep of Ireland ,WC Playoff 2nd leg,[Mod Warning Post #1/988/1169/1400]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ireland were brilliant; Henry a cheat.

Gutted for the lads :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well FIFA got what they wanted. Absolutely disgraceful from Henry.

No this the problem imo. Henry did something instintive. The problem lies with the referees decision and especially the linesman. In a way i dont blame henry to a extent, my previous comment was over the top. I still feel sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Arise Shay Given, John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St. Ledger, Kevin Kilbane, Damien Duff, Glenn Whelan, Keith Andrews, Liam Lawrence, Kevin Doyle, Robbie Keane and Mr. Trappatoni.

I'm immensely proud of every one of them.

In a just world we'd be getting ready for the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

i am looking for the post where someone here called henry a GENtLEMAN ,
    some gentleman , i m mad :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

fcukin robbedf by a cheat and his name is TIERRY HENRY :(:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I honestly cannot believe what happened tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Well, Ireland may have finally brought video technology into the modern game. THIS CANNOT BE IGNORED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

sickened

but haha at the footage just there when the irish players were throwing their jerseys into the irish crowed, 2 irish lads were about to have a bust up over a jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Ye might as wel throw away your boots lads,ye wont be needing them for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nuxxx wrote: »
    No this the problem imo. Henry did something instintive. The problem lies with the referees decision and especially the linesman. In a way i dont blame henry to a extent, my previous comment was over the top. I still feel sick

He did something instinctive....twice.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

No point in crying for an official enquiry. The worst that can happen is a 2 match ban for Henry, hardly much consolation.

Need to move on people these things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

Fair play to Dunne for sitting beside HIM and showing restraint when he should have kicked him in the fooking head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ye might as wel throw away your boots lads,ye wont be needing them for a while

Most of them have a match on Saturday in the Premiership :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ireland boys hold ye're heads high

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The World knows we lost thru that cheat!

But McShame is a liability. Wasn't happy seeing him come on. He's reckless and not very intelligent IMHO.

HOOF IT OUT MCSHAME!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

France won't get through the group stage in the WC. I can't wait for them to get hammered. Henry is disgraceful and should be ashamed with himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyopne can see the replay. Fiest handball, fair enough, the second handball was deliberate and thus he cheated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I'm proud to be Irish after this game. Well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

This the end of a era with regards to players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I'm proud to be Irish after this game. Well done lads.

I hope Henry gets abused in all the papers tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I'm so proud of that team tonight. Won 1-0 in france. Even given all the stick they've gotten, they went out and outplayed a possible contender for the world cup, (if they get rid of their manager), and i felt like they played for us.
    Well done everyone of ye. If it's any consolation there'll probably be a linesman behind the goal in South Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

put we had 2 great chances '' duff and keane '' in 90 minutes to be still in it but we were still cheated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Davei141 wrote: »
    Why dont you just close the soccer forum for a while then.
    Looks like we're throwing out the charter for tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

dunphy is dead right about the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Henry didnt look impressed after the match he knew his team won because of a cheat but honestly if your playing a match and you handball before scoring a crucial goal your not going to turn around and tell the ref that you did, blame the officals more then henry... but yea im soo pissed off at this :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

They did us proud.

Disappointed with Henry, I though he was bigger than that.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I hope Henry has his career ended by injury before the World Cup starts. Honestly. Not a shred of remorse or dignity in the man. Shame on him, I hope he doesn't make the world cup.

Que Que Que????

You have no beef with Diego Henry, only with the officials.

He acknowledged it himself on the pitch when talking to McShane.

Reverse the rolls, you would be hopping and skipping, that's bang out of line bitter nastiness right there man.

I don't mean to attack an open wound but seriously, grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I thought the ref had a mixed game tonight. He gave a few decisions Ireland's way. Diarra should have been booked numerous times. Sickening decision regarding the goal but such is life. The ref positioned himself badly for the play. He should have been over the otherside of the pitch. Hopefully the governing authorities will look at this and say we need video reffing but seeing as Platini is well up I honestly can't imagine or see it happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Soby wrote: »
    This the end of a era with regards to players?

Probably last competitive game for Kilbane anyway, a loyal servant and great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Arise Shay Given, John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Kevin Kilbane, Damien Duff, Glenn Whelan, Keith Andrews, Liam Lawrence, Kevin Doyle, Robbie Keane and Mr. Trappatoni.

St.Ledger doesn't deserve to be excluded, he was excellent too.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

feel sick sick sick

that **** cant happen in this day and age ffs, Ireland should get a replay.

ridiculous as fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Leave Henry alone. If Keane done the same he'd be a legend. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Absolutely gutted for our boys, i am incredibly proud of them.
    Duffer in tears at the end says it all, they gave it their all and were magnificent tonight.
    I feel great sadness for the team but huge pride.
    Disgracefull way to lose :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

SlickRic wrote: »
    so show of hands...

who wants to go over to Barca on Friday morning and kick that smug sh*t's head in.

i'm looking up flights now for us all.

If your paying put me down recession and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Go to Madrid instead, they have a match there Saturday

Could get Ronaldo at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Leave Henry alone. .

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Right, I've removed the abusive posts and I've reopened this thread. If we can discuss it as adults without resorting to wishing physical harm on players or using abusive language to describe them then the thread will stay open and there'll be no problems.

If however this descends into another free for all, I'll lock it again and anybody involved will be on the recieving end of a minimum 1 week ban.

There's not one of you here that wouldn't be crowing if that goal was scored by Ireland to put us through to the world cup so get down off your high horses.

If you have a comment on this post take it to PM and don't clutter the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

"The irish team are distraught in dressing room".

I for one are sick for them. Wont be the same without Ireland in World Cup....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

How many threads on the same thing are really needed? I'm finding it very hard to navigate with the amount of them splashing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mad m wrote: »
    "The irish team are distraught in dressing room".

I for one are sick for them. Wont be the same without Ireland in World Cup....

wont be

they got cheated out of the South Africa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Iago wrote: »

There's not one of you here that wouldn't be crowing if that goal was scored by Ireland to put us through to the world cup so get down off your high horses.

but but but

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

France secured their FIFA World Cup™ spot in dramatic fashion with a dramatic 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland at the Stade de France.

Giovanni Trapattoni's visitors, beaten 1-0 in Dublin last Saturday in the first leg of their play-off, had taken a shock lead in the 32nd minute through Robbie Keane and the Irish were unlucky not to score more before forcing the match to extra time. In the first additional 15-minute spell, France had an appeal for a penalty correctly turned down after striker Nicolas Anelka tumbled to the turf under pressure in the eighth minute.

Five minutes later, France skipper Thierry Henry won the match for the hosts when his angled pass amid a goalmouth scramble was met by the head of Wiliam Gallas. The goal enabled France to qualify and avoid a repeat of their humiliating failure, at the hands of Bulgaria, to qualify for the 1994 FIFA World Cup finals.

The Republic, especially captain Robbie Keane, had the lion's share of the chances in regulation time, and they will be kicking themselves having last qualified for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, where they got to the second round.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136804.html#gallas+breaks+irish+hearts

Not a mention of the handball in the Fifa article :rolleyes:

Mr Blatter take a bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭radiospan

Match report from FIFA, the Ministry for Truth: "Five minutes later, France skipper Thierry Henry won the match for the hosts when his angled pass amid a goalmouth scramble was met by the head of Wiliam Gallas."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136804.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

DSB wrote: »
    How many threads on the same thing are really needed? I'm finding it very hard to navigate with the amount of them splashing out.

Poor you. I hope you survive the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

My anger kinda faded into sadness now anyway. There won't be any more abuse from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Well lads when all said an done you can be completely proud to be Irish.

I can look at it from a much more impartial point of view than all of you here but Ireland were the better team and restricted France to nothing. A deflected goal and a clear handball is the reason why you will not be at the WC.

Be proud of each player who played tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Giles is a disgrace, glad he is being put in his place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Henry cheated, pure and simple and he should be ashamed of himself but less of the talk of blame the officials will ye's, why is their fault someone cheats? And don't give me the 'they should see it' malarky, its weak and you know it.

Soccer has become more and more like this, players putting hands up for free's etc. when clearly they know its not.

But the truth of the matter is would we care if it was Keane? horrible to go out that way but thats life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Well I for one am mighty proud to be Irish tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

This is complete bull****.....

The most sickening thing about football..... every team...... cheating is part of the game.
    It really is sickening.cos every player on that pitch knows they would have done the same thing..... its always been there but I've just woken up to the real consequences of this ****e game and its cheating philosophy, I don't think it can ever be changed, you can see by the reaction of the Irish players, they think its fair game.

All football fans need to wake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement