Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France v Rep of Ireland ,WC Playoff 2nd leg,[Mod Warning Post #1/988/1169/1400]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

green123 wrote: »
    richard dunne should not have been so friendly with henry after the game

to be honest, he went up in my estimation after that.

and that's saying something after his performance on the pitch last night.

nobody would've blamed him for swinging at him.

but he kept his dignity wonderfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

prendy wrote: »
    He's dead right to speak up, he's the captain and he's expressing the feeling of the players. No doubt FIFA will slap him on the wrists but i'm pleased he said it.

I can actually just see FIFA slapping him on the wrist while absolutely nothing will happen to Henry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is the only way I can vent right now... WORDS FAIL ME!

henrywallpaper2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL the boss has told me I should divorce my wife this morning. I think he is a little upset still :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

glanman wrote: »
    How must the ref have felt when every irish player went to him straight away, claiming the same thing so vigorously?? He must have known he had got it wrong but what could he have done. I have reffed matches before and you know when you have got something wrong by peoples reactions, but there is nothing you can do if you didn't see it. In fairness to him he didn't give a peno when Anelka went down, he could have quite easily given it there.
    The linesman had a clear view, thats what really irks me. It could also have been prevented by the linesman calling offside, it was a straightforward decision...

I think the very least that could be done is a flag system like american football, each team gets one call in a match to get a video review. If wrong they lose it, if right, they get to keep the review for another call. By only having one it would rule out abuse of the system. Also, asking the player would be another idea, and big punishment if they lie.

Sickened
    Fair play to the ref for doing his job?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pat Kenny said there that Ubekistan and Bahrain had a 1-1 game replayed due to a technical error by the referee...anyone know what that technical error was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Pat Kenny said there that Ubekistan and Bahrain had a 1-1 game replayed due to a technical error by the referee...anyone know what that technical error was?

He was probably shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

from FIFA website...

"The generic concept of fair play is a fundamental part of the game of football. It represents the positive benefits of playing by the rules, using common sense and respecting fellow players, referees, opponents and fans."

obviously means nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Report on that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

FYI -

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5704495,00.html
    wrote:
    Football fans from around the globe have deluged Sky Sports to call for the Republic of Ireland's World Cup play-off with France to be replayed.

Robbie Keane's first-half goal in Paris had sent the match into additional time with the aggregate scores locked at 1-1, but in extra-time Thierry Henry handled in the box to set-up William Gallas to head home the winner.

But Ireland - and their fans - have been left seething with the decision to allow the goal to stand with many calling for Fifa to take action against Henry and order a replay of the game.

The Irish Justice Minister Dermot Ahern led the protests, urging Fifa to be called to account in the interests of fair play.

"They probably won't grant it as we are minnows in world football but let's put them on the spot," the minister said.

"It's the least we owe the thousands of devastated young fans around the country. Otherwise, if that result remains, it reinforces the view that if you cheat, you will win."

Thousands of supporters have also had their say. Gary Bulger told skysports.com: "Henry should be banned for the World Cup and the game should be replayed ... if Michel Platini doesn't take action he should also stand down."

A similarly outraged Michael Dunn added: "I believe France should forfeit the match or meet Ireland again in Ireland to play a winner takes all game! This is a disgrace to the world of football and not one fan can go from this game and say next summer they feel France should be there."

John Van der Steeg also felt aggrieved and said: "Why not use the TV footage to correct this. Fifa should order the match replayed and Henry must not be allowed to play in it."

James Smith also added his weight to calls for a replay and said: "How many more blatant and disgusting decisions will it take before Fifa do something about refereeing and the ability to use a quick referral system? When is someone going to get some guts and do something about it? Henry cheated and he has admitted it. Fifa - replay the game."

Precedent
    It appears there is a precedent for replaying play-offs following Fifa's decision to order Uzbekistan's World Cup qualifier against Bahrain to be held again following a dubious refereeing decision.

With a place in a decisive play-off for the 2006 World Cup finals up for grabs, Uzbekistan won the opening leg of their Asian zone play-off 1-0 but they were infuriated by a bizarre incident where a penalty was disallowed for an attacking player encroaching.

Rather than retaking the penalty, a free-kick was awarded to Bahrain. Uzbekistan called for the game to be given to them 3-0, but were left incensed after the match was ordered to be replayed in its entirety due to the technical error by Japanese referee Toshimitsu Yoshida.

Yoshida should have allowed the penalty to be retaken rather then disallowing the goal.

Fifa gave their verdict on the decision to replay the Uzbekistan-Bahrain tie on their official website in 2005 but curiously chose not to mention the controversy surrounding the crucial goal in the France v Republic of Ireland game.

And Irish fans have been quick to call for action by Fifa for the perceived injustice in Paris on Wednesday.

Steven Kelly said: "Real-time video evidence is an absolute must. It's been an absolute must for at least 15 years; where has Fifa been? Online petition campaign anyone? Or bombard Fifa with e-mails?"

David McCarthy added: "Henry is a disgrace but what action will Fifa take as he has brought the game into disrepute? Will they ban him? Will they replay the game? Will they take action against the officials like they did against Graham Poll? I think we know all the answers to these ...NO!"

And Paul Boland added weight to the calls for action by world football's governing body, saying: "The game should be replayed as it was an extra-time goal that should not have stood and would have gone to a penalty shoot-out. Stand up everyone and demand from Fifa they do the right thing for the game of football and have the match replayed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

hopefully we can learn from this and go out and take on teams in the euro qualifiers with the belief that we can win the group, regardless of who we're drawn against.

We showed far to much respect to the likes of Bulgaria and Montenegro - and I think that was ultimately our downfall.

It was a learning process for Trap and I'd like to think he's learned a lot about his team last night and in the matches against Italy.

I'm sick today but there's hope for the euro's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's mad to think that Henry feels its acceptable to say that he cheated and that it's the ref's fault for not picking up on it.
    If it had been an accidental hand ball it could possibly be entertained, but after such a blatant display of contempt for the rules of the game Henry should be ashamed of himself.
    This is the type of thing that brings the game into so called "disrepute" and there is nothing done about it.
    Unfortunately as long as Sepp Blatter is in charge of FIFA we won't see anything change. FIFA currently operate like a a bunch of gangsters and they're destroying the game in the process.
    Are we stuck with a game that is in essence becoming a haven for cheats headed up by shady characters with more interest in the financial gains of their organisations than the rules of the sport they are supposed to be presiding over?
    It makes me think of the American boxing scene in the 1940's, it was run by gangsters and most fights were rigged in some way and it was all directed by mobsters like Frankie Carbo and Blinky Palermo, who it seems you could draw somewhat loose comparisons with Blatter and Platini in the modern football world.
    It's no wonder more and more kids are taking to the rugny pitch these days in Ireland instead of football. Football is becoming a laughing stock and those in control of the game couldn't care less as long as their needs are met.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

SlickRic wrote: »
    to be honest, he went up in my estimation after that.

and that's saying something after his performance on the pitch last night.

nobody would've blamed him for swinging at him.

but he kept his dignity wonderfully.

Henri knew what he did, and what it resulted in. dunne knew that the ref is to blame for not spotting it.

My opinion of Henry has gone down after last night. He did what unfortunately alot of other players would do, and I thought previously he was above that.
    The blame is with the referees and Fifa.

scargill wrote: »
    from FIFA website...

"The generic concept of fair play is a fundamental part of the game of football. It represents the positive benefits of playing by the rules, using common sense and respecting fellow players, referees, opponents and fans."

obviously means nothing!
    Its like a company mission statement, sounds impressive but everybody knows its bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

revileandy wrote: »
    hopefully we can learn from this and go out and take on teams in the euro qualifiers with the belief that we can win the group, regardless of who we're drawn against.

We showed far to much respect to the likes of Bulgaria and Montenegro - and I think that was ultimately our downfall.

It was a learning process for Trap and I'd like to think he's learned a lot about his team last night and in the matches against Italy.

I'm sick today but there's hope for the euro's

You're bang on there.
    We need to have belief in ourselves, because as we saw last night we can do it when we put our minds to it.
    I think after the disaster that was the previous campaign we needed to possibly take some baby steps to begin with, but over all we were too negative in qualifying.
    To be fair it nearly paid off for Trap, but hopefully he has seen what we are capable of and we can push on from here and have the belief to top our next group.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The linesman had a clear view, thats what really irks me. It could also have been prevented by the linesman calling offside, it was a straightforward decision...

When the show the replay of the free kick, you will see the linesman is looking at where the free kick is being taken from rather than across the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sums it up for me !

13642_101851459838984_100000423910051_51253_7287125_s.jpg

Henri knew what he did, and what it resulted in. dunne knew that the ref is to blame for not spotting it.

My opinion of Henry has gone down after last night. He did what unfortunately alot of other players would do, and I thought previously he was above that.

the referees were faultless bar that one incident. absolutely faultless.

one mistake by the officials all tie is pretty good. so i'll actually forgive them for not seeing one. (don't all jump on me at once!)

for me, it's the fault of Fifa, plain and simple.

as Stephen Kelly said, video evidence should have been introduced 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No - the blame is with Henry. He is the one that cheated. Fifa didn't make him cheat, the ref didn't make him cheat. Henry made a conscious decision to cheat. Yes, Video Tech should be used, but that doesn't change the fact that Henry cheated deliberately - he, and he alone is responsible for that. He should be blamed for what he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

mathie wrote: »
    Fair play to the ref for doing his job?
    :confused:

In the context that it was suggested that the ref was going to be under pressure to "help" france win.

And I didn't say fair play, I said in fairness to him he didn't have a bad game, bar the fact that diarra could not be booked despite 5,6,7,8 fouls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I started a thread about a week ago about cheating .......

Total gutter for you guys , really upsetting

But , a rhetorical question

Similar thing happens in the French goal mouth , Keane ( or whoever ) handles the ball , and Lawrence ( or whoever ) shoves it in the net. The Ref allows it.

Do we replay the game ?

Doesn't make it any better or anything , but an interesting question . I wonder how many French people are wanting the game replayed.

I think the answer is the ' honesty box ' the ref asks Henry , ' did you handle the ball ' .
    he replies yes , goal disallowed
    he replies no , goal allowed , however after the game Mr Henry finds that although France will eb going to SA , he will not be playing any part because he is banned for xxx games

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I started a thread about a week ago about cheating .......

Total gutter for you guys , really upsetting

Similar thing happens in the French goal mouth , Keane ( or whoever ) handles the ball , and Lawrence ( or whoever ) shoves it in the net. The Ref allows it.

Do we replay the game ?

Doesn't make it any better or anything , but an interesting question . I wonder how many French people are wanting the game replayed.

I think the answer is the ' honesty box ' the ref asks Henry , ' did you handle the ball ' .
    he replies yes , goal disallowed
    he replies no , goal allowed , however after the game Mr Henry finds that although France will eb going to SA , he will not be playing any part because he is banned for xxx games

A lot people would be taking the moral high ground and saying its a disgrace, but at the same time I would rather be through than not so I would have taken it. Its human nature, emotion rules over logic and it is simple to have one opinion but then have the opposite when roles are reversed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Was this posted already?
    France 1-1 Republic of Ireland (first leg 1-0)
    Goals: William Gallas 103 (France); Robbie Keane 32 (Republic of Ireland)

The story of the game
    Hosts France were kept completely quiet in the first half by an Ireland team burning with passion, conviction and the desire to battle for every ball. Robbie Keane’s strike not long after the half-hour was just reward for the efforts the visitors had put in and it took heroics from France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to limit the damage to one goal. Les Bleus came into the contest after the break but remained vulnerable to Irish attacks, meaning the tie had to be resolved in extra time, when William Gallas equalised to send his team through to their fourth consecutive finals.

The key moment
    After 180 hard-fought minutes, the fate of both teams was decided by a moment of drama in extra time.
    The outcome remained in the balance until the very last second, and when the final whistle was blown the disappointed Irish could hold their heads up high.

The man of the match
    France have long been looking for a successor to Fabien Barthez and they have found the perfect candidate in Hugo Lloris. In this game, as in the opening leg, the Lyon No1 bolstered his burgeoning reputation with a string of top-class saves

Seriously, FIFA have to say something about this. I just wonder what it'll be.

IMO there was no conspiracy bar the seeding fiasco and to use the word 'cheat' is incorrect but they must acknowledge the injustice fo this result.

Anyway, the French are through which is the result for world football that FIFA surely wanted. Now we get to watch a handful of French supporters boo an underachieving team through three unseccessful first round matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Referee getting stick in his homeland.
    Hansson, meanwhile, was this morning condemned in his homeland. Hansson’s blunder — and Henry’s dishonesty — were the major talking points afterwards but Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet laid the blame squarely at the official’s door.

Their story said: “There are approximately 80 million Irishmen around the world. We guarantee they all feel pretty bad today. But I sincerely hope there are three Swedes that feel even worse.

“They are Martin Hansson and (referee’s assistants) Stefan Wittberg and Fredrik Nilsson.”

They concluded by adding: “There will be no World Cup for Ireland and I assume that Team Hansson has also forfeited it’s right to continue to take charge of major international matches. Anything else would be a further insult to the Irish nation.”

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

attachment.php?attachmentid=96443&d=1258623279

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

From Thierry Henry's twitter page:
    im not the referee... but if i hurt some one im sorry

Thierry, we know you're not the referee. That is not being disputed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

In the context that it was suggested that the ref was going to be under pressure to "help" france win.

And I didn't say fair play, I said in fairness to him he didn't have a bad game, bar the fact that diarra could not be booked despite 5,6,7,8 fouls...

Could say the same for Robbie Keane's handballs - at least 4 wasn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

gosplan wrote: »
    Was this posted already?

Seriously, FIFA have to say something about this. I just wonder what it'll be.

IMO there was no conspiracy bar the seeding fiasco and to use the word 'cheat' is incorrect but they must acknowledge the injustice fo this result.

Anyway, the French are through which is the result for world football that FIFA surely wanted. Now we get to watch a handful of French supporters boo an underachieving team through three unseccessful first round matches.

The official Fifa website is not the place to go looking for mention of controversial aspects of the game, the same what that an official government press release is not the place to go looking for criticism of their handling of Anglo Irish bank.

The place for mention and discussion of controversy are the papers, website like this etc

Now a hypothetical question
    What would Irish people think if Argentina had made it to the World Cup at the expense of Costa Rica after a handball

Would the majority be shouting from the roof tops about a fix and cheating or would we be happy to see Argentina in the WC instead of a minnow like Costa Rica

Oh and has peoples attituted to Maradonna's Hand of God changed, IMO most people though it was great cos it happened againgt the English, is that still the case ?

it just gets worse, and more blatant, every time I look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Brady talking about a replay. Safe to say zero chance of that whatsoever. :(

• Advertisement

Tom65 wrote: »
    From Thierry Henry's twitter page:

Thierry, we know you're not the referee. That is not being disputed.

i just cannot believe the mentality of, 'the ref didn't see it so i'm not at fault'.

are footballers that delusional?

are they that horrible?

are they that stupid?

this all lays at the feet of FIFA. they've done a sh*t job of stamping out cheating; whether it's diving, playacting, or this sort of thing. footballers get away with anything and they know it.

anyone with half a brain can see dishonesty is far from being stamped out.

and it won't be until retrospective severe punishments are handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

What would Irish people think if Argentina had made it to the World Cup at the expense of Costa Rica after a handball

Would the majority be shouting from the roof tops about a fix and cheating or would we be happy to see Argentina in the WC instead of a minnow like Costa Rica

Well I'm sure most people would acknowledge that it's not fair on the smaller team. Anyways it didn't happen to Costa Rica it happened to us so this point is irrelevant. Should we just let it go and say ah well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Would the majority be shouting from the roof tops about a fix and cheating or would we be happy to see Argentina in the WC instead of a minnow like Costa Rica?

I'd be saying it was a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Originally Posted by SlickRic View Post
    anyone feel worse this morning than last night?

i'm literally sick to the f*cking stomach with this.

Banter Joe wrote: »
    I hear ya.

Terrible Terrible feeling and mad as hell :(:mad:

Just watched that goal again and seeing henry celebrating makes me wanna puke , cant say what i really feel about the &^&^& because i got a mod warning already from last nite , go to RTE player and watch poor Shay Given up near the Irish fans at the end and you can see he`s in a kind of shock , he knows thats his last chance to go to a world cup , its over for him poor guy , true pro , my hearts breaks im numb , what i dont understand is , what ever bout the ref, the linesman had a CLEAR view of the handball and 2 French players offside and didnt do sqwat , Its a disgrace , First fifa seeding the playoffs and now cheating .......damn disgrace :(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Their story said: “There are approximately 80 million Irishmen around the world. We guarantee they all feel pretty bad today. But I sincerely hope there are three Swedes that feel even worse.

We're like a bloody plague!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Davidth88 wrote: »

Personally, I would still claim France were robbed of victory.

What makes this incident worse is that objectively over the two legs Ireland deserved to be on the plane to SA. If France had played well and looked like winning or deserved to win then the incident wouldn't provoke the reaction it has had.

It is also the manner of the handball. It's one thing ball to hand but this was so blatant. If Ireland had got a goal from a questionable handball decision the reaction wouldn't have been so fierce because again the objective view was that Ireland deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm working in an office in Germany, surrounded by co-workers from all over Europe. Everybody here is outraged at the result, and I've had people come to my desk all morning to commiserate.

There is huge outrage, and not just in Ireland. Just make sure FIFA hear it.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/validate.htmx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

prendy wrote: »
    couldnt get to sleep for hours after that last night

I hear you man. My head was awash with bitterness and remorse. To be cheated out of a place at the ultimate competition for an international football side sickens me to my stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Personally, I would still claim France were robbed of victory.

What makes this incident worse is that objectively over the two legs Ireland deserved to be on the plane to SA. If France had played well and looked like winning or deserved to win then the incident wouldn't provoke the reaction it has had.

It is also the manner of the handball. It's one thing ball to hand but this was so blatant. If Ireland had got a goal from a questionable handball decision the reaction wouldn't have been so fierce because again the objective view was that Ireland deserved the win.

Ireland really should have finished the game off in 90 minutes. They were second best in extra time and it just looked like a matter of when France were going to score. Shame they had to do it by cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If this is true it makes it even more disgraceful from the ref
    The Barcelona striker said: “The ball hit my hand, I will be honest. It was a handball, you can clearly see it. (Sebastien) Squillaci went to jump with two Irish players, I was behind him and the next thing I know the ball hit my hand.

“It was a handball, but I’m not the ref. I told (the referee) but he said to me the same: ’You are not the ref.

Taken from here

• Advertisement

I'm working in an office in Germany, surrounded by co-workers from all over Europe. Everybody here is outraged at the result, and I've had people come to my desk all morning to commiserate.

There is huge outrage, and not just in Ireland. Just make sure FIFA hear it.

http://www.fifa.com/contact/validate.htmx

Emailed asking for statement, if sanctions will be imposed on Henry, will ref make a statement, will technology be introduced to prevent this happening.

Email them everyone, vent.

i'm working in England at the moment, and they're all commiserating with me too.

it does seem like a universal feeling alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He's right though. I don't get this hatred towards Henry. Keane tried to do the same thing earlier in the game and all players do the bloody same.

The fact that the ref and the linesman didn't see it or the offside, and we're against us the entire game and that Platini has done everything he can to stop France from getting knocked out is an entirel different matter.

As is the shocking defensive ability of Paul McShane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

matrim wrote: »

Taken from here

WHEN did he tell the ref though. Once the ball hit the net he ran off celebrating.

When the Irish players were protesting, and they (and the ref) were over towards the linesman the ref was saying he was 100% certain it was not handball - and there was no Henry in sight. So again, at what point did Henry say anything to him, if he said anything at all.

The only time saying it to the ref could have had an affect, was immediately, and I do not believe that is when Henry said anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

matrim wrote: »

Taken from here

if true, that is indeed disgraceful of the ref.

but if the good honest samaritan was so wary that it was an offense, couldn't he have just stopped playing, or just hoofed the ball into the stands after it hit his hand?

it doesn't take anything away from Henry's actions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, can anyone confirm if the goal was replayed on the big screen in the stadium??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

BBC doin a live text update thing for reaction to the whole thing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8367913.stm

It's certainly taking on a life of its own isn't it ? Being reported worldwide, seems to be universal outrage at what happened, and people are getting quite exercised about it.

Maybe a replay isn't completely crazy? If the French FA come under enough pressure to offer a replay, then maybe

We can dream, it's all we have left :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Lads, can anyone confirm if the goal was replayed on the big screen in the stadium??

Deffo, you could here the jears in the crowd when it was replayed. The same feed you were watching was being displayed inthe stadium

Advertisement