Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France v Rep of Ireland ,WC Playoff 2nd leg,[Mod Warning Post #1/988/1169/1400]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

and when you are stabbing someone in the face, at ruck time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's a semantics problem.

he doesn't actually mean it's 'legal' when he's telling you that.

he's simply encouraging you to cheat while you can't be seen.

if you were caught, you'd be penalised.

hence, the act is still wrong.

are you honestly not getting this?

im too lazy to type any more.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

mink_man wrote: »

Good, you make no sense anyway.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100543&catid=1&Itemid=8

Take a look at the title in the link there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'd much rather see what the actually French opinion is rather then have a load of leprechauns rig yet another vote.

Who are you calling a leprechaun? Go back to the forest, you tree.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Boggles wrote: »
    You can scratch this one from your list, it was proved that the time added was bang on.

And 9 minutes vs Sheffield Wednesday in 1993.
    Where United went from 1 down to 1 up!
    Don't remember Fergie calling for a replay in the interests of fair play that time either.
    But the point is not to focus on Utd.

Liverpool, Arsenal etc have all benefitted from dodgy decisions.
    France were cheated in 1982 Battison hacked down by Schumacher who wasn't sent off and in 2006 when Zidane was goaded by Italy.

Football throws up controversy - if you take the smooth then you have to ride with the rough!

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=10757

• Advertisement

ya the french poll is for french people!

rizzee wrote: »
    Good, you make no sense anyway.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100543&catid=1&Itemid=8

Take a look at the title in the link there.

as i said already, the act was illegal, but since the goal was allowed the goal was legal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

tell me why you have to accept cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Football throws up controversy - if you take the smooth then you have to ride with the rough!

This is partially true i guess.

And 9 minutes vs Sheffield Wednesday in 1993.
    Where United went from 1 down to 1 up!
    Don't remember Fergie calling for a replay in the interests of fair play that time either.
    But the point is not to focus on Utd.

Liverpool, Arsenal etc have all benefitted from dodgy decisions.
    France were cheated in 1982 Battison hacked down by Schumacher who wasn't sent off and in 2006 when Zidane was goaded by Italy.

The rest of your post is total ****e. France were cheated when Zidane was goaded by Italy??? LOL

Also sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about Utd.

as i said already, the act was illegal, but since the goal was allowed the goal was legal!

As I said already, your wrong. Fact. Ask anyone else here.

Unless by legal you mean ''wrongly allowed''...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Heard this at work today: The Hand Of Frog

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Also sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about Utd.

Interesting how you didn't comment on the 9 mins vs Wednesday.
    As a Liverpool fan I accept that we got past Chelsea in 2005 with a goal that never was - no one on the Kop called for a replay.
    Stevie G vs Athletico and David Ngog vs Brum dived for penalties.
    No one called for justice there either.

My point is that I cannot - and you cannot - call for justice now on Henry if you didn't then.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=10757

turly wrote: »

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

KungPao wrote: »

When you think about it, we never get anywhere cause we're too fecking honest. Almost every other nation dives, play-acts and wastes time.

Time to join the party!

Dirty tactics for the win.......

A quote from myself on tuesday.....

And I'll say it again;

We never get anywhere cause we're too fecking honest. Almost every other nation dives, play-acts and wastes time....

But anyway, I am still gutted, felt like shít and in a bad mood all day.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can anyone tell me if we technically won the game or not? Just thinking seeding wise for the euros be great to be second seeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's ok.

your angry face is awesome enough ;)

Interesting how you didn't comment on the 9 mins vs Wednesday.
    As a Liverpool fan I accept that we got past Chelsea in 2005 with a goal that never was - no one on the Kop called for a replay.
    Stevie G vs Athletico and David Ngog vs Brum dived for penalties.
    No one called for justice there either.

My point is that I cannot - and you cannot - call for justice now on Henry if you didn't then.

Im not calling for justice.

And of course we all know Fergie constantly bribes the refs :rolleyes:

You sound sad going on, thats what i was commenting on. And big surprise, you're a pool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Can anyone tell me if we technically won the game or not? Just thinking seeding wise for the euros be great to be second seeds?

we won the game and we're in the 3rd pot

turly wrote: »

and the person at work who said it took it straight off the front of The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

France v Kuwait 1982 world cup. Spectator blew whistle. all hell broke loose, Kuwaiti prince got involved.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5AuQHurQ8w

I should have known that the French and Platini were involved.... typical :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

Damn I hope there's a replay

Damn I hope there's a replay

there won't be.

the big team got through.

Platini's French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Reuters:

A group calling itself "Justice for The Boys in Green" has announced it is to march on the French Embassy in Dublin on Saturday next in protest at the manner of Ireland's defeat to France in last night's World Cup Qualifier.

Organisers have said they expect a crowd of up to 10,000 to participate in the march. There will be a heavy police presence despite assurances from the organisers that the group believes in peaceful protest.

In a further development Brian Cowen has recalled Irish Ambassador to France Anne Anderson back to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Reuters:

A group calling itself "Justice for The Boys in Green" has announced it is to march on the French Embassy in Dublin on Saturday next in protest at the manner of Ireland's defeat to France in last night's World Cup Qualifier.

Organisers have said they expect a crowd of up to 10,000 to participate in the march. There will be a heavy police presence despite assurances from the organisers that the group believes in peaceful protest.

In a further development Brian Cowen has recalled Irish Ambassador to France Anne Anderson back to Ireland.

I will be ****ing there!!

Im not calling for justice.

And of course we all know Fergie constantly bribes the refs :rolleyes:

You sound sad going on, thats what i was commenting on. And big surprise, you're a pool fan.

I can see you're having difficulty understanding the nature of consistency.
    You haven't read my lines condemning Liverpool players for 'cheating'.
    Still - why would someone think for themselves when someone is safe with their mob mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Where is the French embassy?

Also, what can this achieve? Are the poor ****ers in the French embassy going to be taken hostage until a replay is organized?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

GrumPy wrote: »

Sure why not, I'll go too.

I can see you're having difficulty understanding the nature of consistency.
    You haven't read my lines condemning Liverpool players for 'cheating'.
    Still - why would someone think for themselves when someone is safe with their mob mentality.

I think you are the one having difficulty.

I am not Irish, the result meant nowhere near as much to me as those here.

Im not criticising Henry and I think the concept of having a replay is retarded.

England have been cheated before, you get over it in time but the reaction from people while OTT is understandable as emotions run high.

My problem was you using this as a dig at Utd. Its pathetic.

Reuters:

good lord

what an absolute embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Where is the French embassy?

Also, what can this achieve? Are the poor ****ers in the French embassy going to be taken hostage until a replay is organized?

I hope so :D could we have a petition to be sure :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

GrumPy wrote: »

Who will you be ****ing and be safe!

I think you are the one having difficulty.

I am not Irish, the result meant nowhere near as much to me as those here.

Im not criticising Henry and I think the concept of having a replay is retarded.

England have been cheated before, you get over it in time but the reaction from people while OTT is understandable as emotions run high.

My problem was you using this as a dig at Utd. Its pathetic.

A dig at United as many Irish people who support that club need to stop in their tracks to see how they defend dodgy decisions going Utd's way.

Same for Liverpool - the club I support.

When you mention England you talk of bad decisions against.
    That's my point - you haven't even considered bad decisions in favour.
    Like Geoff Hurst 'goal' on the line in 1966 for example.
    Like Rattin getting sent off for verbal abuse when he didn't speak the same language as the ref.

One way traffic is all we're seeing from you.

All sides lose and win with cheating - that's the nature of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

England have had some awful decisions against them in late stages of competitions.

I can remember two Sol Campbell goals being disallowed in two seperate tournaments.

England should have asked for repalys here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

According to rte.ie, Cowen is looking for an official meeting with the French PM to discuss a rematch.

What.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

2 million viewers last night. Football gets the nation going like no other sport, take that GAA/Rugby people.

• Advertisement

Tellox wrote: »
    According to rte.ie, Cowen is looking for an official meeting with the French PM to discuss a rematch.

What.

Jesus wept, madness, you would think he has more important things to worry about, like preventing the economic collapse of our Country.

Its not really that ludacris that Cowen wants a meeting. Imagine how much Ireland getting to the world cup would help the economy.

Raoul wrote: »
    Its not really that ludacris that Cowen wants a meeting. Imagine how much Ireland getting to the world cup would help the economy.

neither him nor the french pm have ANYTHING to do with football, and they should keep out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And I bet he wants this controversy to run and run. Keeps the dire straits of the economy off the front page for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Jesus wept, madness, you would think he has more important things to worry about, like preventing the economic collapse of our Country.
    And Ireland getting to the World Cup won't stop that but it will help the mood of the nation and let's face it that will be very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I can assure you this is much more important than the economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Tellox wrote: »

What.

Well, Sarkozy made us have a second Lisbon vote, so it only seems fair to have a play-off rematch!

Can you quantify the gain

And what about people being too pissed to go into work, how is that going to help the Economy, any gain is very minor and certainly won't get us out of the economic mess we are in

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I can assure you this is much more important than the economy.

Are you being serious, how old are you?

Helix wrote: »
    neither him nor the french pm have ANYTHING to do with football, and they should keep out of it

Anything?? Are they not fans of football? And they are supposedly highly respected people and who better to have as a representative of Irish fans than the Taoiseach. I don't think anything will come of the meeting but to say they don't have anything to do with football is wrong.

Anything?? Are they not fans of football? And they are supposedly highly respected people and who better to have as a representative of Irish fans than the Taoiseach. I don't think anything will come of the meeting but to say they don't have anything to do with football is wrong.

politics has absolutely NO PLACE in sport, at all

yeah let them have a natter about it, but for him to actively petition for a replay to a guy who has nothing to do with football in france is ridiculous

Bandit12 wrote: »
    And Ireland getting to the World Cup won't stop that but it will help the mood of the nation and let's face it that will be very welcome.

You have a point re listing the mood, but in all seriousness Cowen going to the French president :o

And what about people being too pissed to go into work, how is that going to help the Economy, any gain is very minor and certainly won't get us out of the economic mess we are in

sure how is a load of irish people spending thousands in south africa any good to the irish economy?

or rte paying millions to show the matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Helix wrote: »
    politics has absolutely NO PLACE in sport, at all

so what do you think FIFA is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The South African economy will undoubtedly suffer without the free-drinking Irish supporters present

• Advertisement
Advertisement