Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new chipper

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

finally some competition in the town!!!! anyone know anything about it or whos opening it.

its says dennis's or something. looking forward to falling in there drunk!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

Sorry to say its the roma that own that as well. It was put up to stop any competition moving into the town as somebody is less likely to consider moving in a town with 3 chippers already. So we are stuck with the chip shop monpoly still.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yeah, seen some of the Roma crowd in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

stevoman wrote: »
    finally some competition in the town!!!! anyone know anything about it or whos opening it.

its says dennis's or something. looking forward to falling in there drunk!

Err..

what chipper.. in what town?
    port?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

pnd82 wrote: »
    Sorry to say its the roma that own that as well. It was put up to stop any competition moving into the town as somebody is less likely to consider moving in a town with 3 chippers already. So we are stuck with the chip shop monpoly still.
    kikel wrote: »
    Yeah, seen some of the Roma crowd in there.

goddammit, here i thought there was sunshine on the horizan.

please dont tell me they are calling it dennis's in a feeble attempt to pretend its not the same people who own the other two roma's. like their attempt to pretend they are from italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Yip its the Roma crowd alright.

Bring back TC's..............best garlic sauce on the planet !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Err..

what chipper.. in what town?
    port?

Think so

But Portlaoise has always been know as "the town" in Laois it's a GAA thing

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

moose112 wrote: »
    But Portlaoise has always been know as "the town" in Laois it's a GAA thing

+1.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

is it a chipper...???

it seems much more a bistro type establishment to me... pizzas, kebabs, lasagnes, pastas, salads etc....

the town now has 2 chippers, 1 bistro, 1 italian restaurant, 1 indian, 5 chinese, 1 irish (?) restaurant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

sydthebeat wrote: »
    is it a chipper...???

it seems much more a bistro type establishment to me... pizzas, kebabs, lasagnes, pastas, salads etc....

the town now has 2 chippers, 1 bistro, 1 italian restaurant, 1 indian, 5 chinese, 1 irish (?) restaurant...
    500 hairdressers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

sydthebeat wrote: »
    is it a chipper...???

2 Indians in port! And the food in the one at the side of the Anvil is excellent, easily the best take away food in town in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

2 Indians in port! And the food in the one at the side of the Anvil is excellent, easily the best take away food in town in my opinion

I beg to differ, i rather the other indian. Makini is the best i've ever had. When my mates visit they refuse to get a take away from any were else as its the best indian they've eatin in.

Oh and the new kebab place rocks as well...........but i'm being a good boy and haven't had a take away in 2 months:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

what new kebab place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

Went in there today, got a sit down steak sambo and chips for 4.70 coke was 1.20 and a latte 1.80 really good value and cosy inside. very impressed with food and even more impressed with price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dry Ice

What did ye think of the wall murals in the new place ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

eh what the hell that new "chipper" doesnt do battered sausages??????????!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ruby-J wrote: »
    eh what the hell that new "chipper" doesnt do battered sausages??????????!!!

so it aint a "chipper"... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

was in there this evening (too lazy to cook) and must say was very nice and very reasonable price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

bit silly they don't have menu's for people to take away, but otherwise a lovely place and a nice addition to the town, fair play to them for opening during a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

bit silly they don't have menu's for people to take away, but otherwise a lovely place and a nice addition to the town, fair play to them for opening during a recession.

+1 on the menu thing. Otherwise have to say I really like the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Do they own the roma in stradbally i used to live up there in a b&b and that all i could get for dinner haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement