Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera Immobiliser Problem

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Over the weekend my almera has decided it only wants to start on the odd occassion, had a guy that codes keys look at it and it starts fine most times but will often go back to not turning over

Anyone had this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Need more info. What model (N15, N16, petrol or diesel)? Does it turn over when it doesn't start. Are you sure its the immobiliser and not just a loose connection somewhere or faulty starter etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

n16 2003 Petrol 1.5l Almera, just turning the key and immobilser activates so no mechanical turning at all, fiddling back and forward and will start eventually. To me it sounds like an error between the communication between the immobiliser and the key

I've used two different keys and same problem. Immobiliser light no longer stays on when I do get it powered up since the guy looked at it, it is showing up on the ECU as a fault but his diagnostics dont explain the exact fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Happened a new 03 Almera 11 times in the first 12 months that they had at one years ago. I think it's a known problem at this stage. Some sensor causes it afaik

Been reading the cam sensor gives faults alright but I thought they were more engine faults than immobiliser

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

OP

The immobiliser loom on the N16E from 03 onwards gives trouble, there is a modified one available from the dealer.

best thing to do would be to put it on a nissan diagnostic tester

• Advertisement

Probably true but I just dont trust main dealers as they could say anything and just hit me with a massive bill

Advertisement