Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Nursing home.

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone recommenad a good nursing home in Galway County for my mum. I am just back from UK. She is well and still quite active and was living alone up to now. I would like a place with good social interaction and well maintained.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

iatrogenic wrote: »
    Anyone recommenad a good nursing home in Galway County for my mum. I am just back from UK. She is well and still quite active and was living alone up to now. I would like a place with good social interaction and well maintained.

Hi
    Can you give us a bit more information like what part of the county she is in (roughly ...not exact details) Does she have particular medical or other needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iatrogenic

She is south of Galway city. Health-wise she is pretty good...early eighties and a little arthritis so mobility slowing down. Maybe getting a little forgetful.
    Checked out some of those links...Village Nursing Home looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭serfboard

Does she definitely need a nursing home. I ask because maybe a retirement village might be better? Portumna Retirement Village is one example, there is also another in Knock (none in Galway City).

These provide "independent living units" (i.e. houses) specially designed for older people and then, when they get too infirm, there is a nursing home on-site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eileenk

iatrogenic wrote: »
    She is south of Galway city. Health-wise she is pretty good...early eighties and a little arthritis so mobility slowing down. Maybe getting a little forgetful.
    Checked out some of those links...Village Nursing Home looks nice.
    The Village is a really nice place and is in an excellent location if your mother is in south galway...check out their site www.thevillagecare.iethey have a physio dept, occupational therapist, hair dressing salon etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement