Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puffy eyes

• 17-11-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a solution for puffy eyes?

Naturally puffy under the eye but worsen when tired, getting worse as the years go by too, is there a solution which maybe could be used weekly to reduce the puffyness?

I got a cream from the chemist, a sample in fact, it's didn't do very much except tighten the skin under the eye, like a gel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sazzo

ya cant beat the old wives tale of using a used cold(still wet) tea bag twice a week.it really does help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's not a long term treatment but another one is put two teaspoons in the fridge for a while and then rest them under the eyes when cold.

Preparation H used as an eye cream.

Mod Edit: Read the label of the ointment. I'm guessing it says Avoid contact with eyes. Hopefully someone can clarify that for me.
    Appologies Moon for hijacking your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

sazzo wrote: »
    ya cant beat the old wives tale of using a used cold(still wet) tea bag twice a week.it really does help.

Ya my mam mentioned this the other day, she looks great for her age (she's 118 I believe) so give it a shot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

sounds good, have to keep some in my toilet bag too for weekends away when they're needed most.

what's preparation H ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Keep a gel mask in ur fridge and wear it around the house as much as possible

Also, SLEEP

Lack of sleep gives you puffy eyes, and rubbing tired eyes just makes it worse

Another good tip is wearing sunglasses when your on the computer, if you use it much / late at night

Feels a lot more comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

sounds good, have to keep some in my toilet bag too for weekends away when they're needed most.

what's preparation H ?[/QUOTE]

Cream for piles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Teabags and freezer spoons do work, but you can buy sleepmasks that help with bags under the eyes too.
    http://www.dreamessentials.com/a_mask_gel.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Thanks for the advice.
    Pile cream, sunglasses, teabags and masks, I'll try most of them.

Advertisement