Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird's Eye Chicken Pies

Options
  • 17-11-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Call me trivial, but is there anywhere in the locality that sells BIRDS EYE Chicken Pies?

When Tesco went over to the border prices, they did them for 1 week, as I think they may have started to get more products over from the UK but, the manager told me they get what they are given and have no control over ordering more.

Now, as much as this issue is not urgent, I do really like them, and whilst going to the North for shopping I could get them, but obviously they would be defrosted by the time I get back. I know I could invest in a freezer box, and if necessary, of course I will, in order to get this 'delicacy' back to my own freezer.

However, I just wondered if anyone knew of a place where these may lurk in the vicinity of Carlow?

Your help would be appreciated, but please do not suggest alternative pies. I have tried them all. I ate all the pies (not in one sitting obviously).

Thanks
    Amanda

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 carlowgal

did you say you go over the border to do your shopping?what is wrong with shopping in Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Amanda7148

carlowgal wrote: »
    did you say you go over the border to do your shopping?what is wrong with shopping in Carlow?

Nothing at all. I love shopping in Carlow. However, I have started to go North for the same reason as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

You go North from Carlow for grocery shopping? What makes Birds Eye chicken pies so good? I like a pie myself, although they do go straight to my hips, Id be interested to see what Im missing out on. How much would you give me for a 12 pack box?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Amanda7148

You go North from Carlow for grocery shopping? What makes Birds Eye chicken pies so good? I like a pie myself, although they do go straight to my hips, Id be interested to see what Im missing out on. How much would you give me for a 12 pack box?

Amanda does not share her Bird's Eye Chicken Pies under any circumstances. I don't have any idea why they are so nice, although the crust is hard, not doughy.

I like to eat one with mashed potatoes and baked beens, mush it all up into a big mess and eat it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Meh, Tesco brand wins hands down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement