Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro hair

• 17-11-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Asking for advice again without having offered any, I feel so selfish. :p
    And I'm not even certain if this is the right place for asking this, but I have awkward hair atm. I shaved part of my hair off to help a friend raise money and it's in that horrible growing out phase, to even it out, I'll have to go quite short, but I really want to keep a look that will work within the 40's/50's genre. Any ideas?

Apologies for the mini-essay but I can't think of simpler phrasing now. Thanking you in advance.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OP, I moved this post because I think you'll get a quicker response here then in B&C but remember to come back over there and tell us what you've discovered.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

shinysiren wrote: »
    Asking for advice again without having offered any, I feel so selfish. :p
    And I'm not even certain if this is the right place for asking this, but I have awkward hair atm. I shaved part of my hair off to help a friend raise money and it's in that horrible growing out phase, to even it out, I'll have to go quite short, but I really want to keep a look that will work within the 40's/50's genre. Any ideas?

Apologies for the mini-essay but I can't think of simpler phrasing now. Thanking you in advance.:cool:

Fair play to you shaving some of your head.Do you have any pictures of it currently loks like to give an idea what to recommend. I think possibly a faux hawk might work bbut youll have to go really short. Im no help here sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Hmmm, I'll see, it's grown out quite far, but bits of it are different lengths.

2d2fuxs.jpg
    That's what I have to work with right now. Most recent picture where you can actually see the shape of my hair.

What about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cld7VHQrVo

only joking.

Your hair looks fine, What about a bob with an undercut, Kind of like Rachael from X-factor had this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Wow, I wasn't as brave as that girl.

And I'm letting the undercut grow out you see, which means I'll have to cut the longer bits to match the shorter bits. It's just horribly awkward. Thank you for your advice!

(btw, that pic is after a "rave" in my college bar)

• Advertisement

What about something like this

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/07/17/fashion_alert_rihannas_shaved_head_and_see-through_top.php

or

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/04/cassies-shaved-head-hot-or-not-at-all/

Or just go to the hair dressers and let them do something for you.

I had a feeling there was some form of part inthat pic. LOL

let me know how you get on.

Advertisement