Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wigan on sunday

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

this weekend could be good for us

1. i think we will beat wigan
    2. united could drop points at home to everton
    3. arsenal could drop points away to sunderland especially with van persie out
    4. liverpool - ha ha

modric and lennon all fit!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

mickman wrote: »
    this weekend could be good for us

modric and lennon all fit!!!

thats the bit that says it for me. Even if they are not started great to know we have them to bring on. If other results go our way brilliant but what I really want is 3 points and a convincing performance. We havent played well for too long now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah we need to go back to the football we played away to wigan in the second game

lennon will definetly start as he was only out for 2 weeks. i think modric will start also and be taken off after 60 mins, hopefully the job will be done by then

i think harry will start defoe and crouch and use irelands two games as an excuse to drop robbie

Hope you're right and he does start both of them, think you could be right about Keane and tbh on his run of form he deserves to be dropped but where I am torn on the issue is that fact that he played his best ball in a while with Modric in the team not sure modrics style of play will utilise crouch as much as he does Keane. Sure we'll see

team I would like is )with a proviso that if crouch is not working in this formation Keane comes in early.

Gomes
    BAE King Woodgate Charlie
    Krancjar Wilson Modric Lennon
    Crouch Defoe

interesting choice there mullo but id go for

gomes
    charlie king woodie ekotto
    lennon pal jenas modric
    defoe crouch

he loves jenas and will start him id say. even though jenas kept giving the ball away for england the papers said. i would go with your choice of kranjcar and lennon on the wings though if it was up to me

he most likely will start with Jenas but for me he's huffed and puffed and done nothing in most games. Would love to see modric given a creative central midfield berth, could see him running a muck from there.

• Advertisement

yeah. lets hope he is not a little afraid now after breaking the leg

i suffered the same last year and took me ages to get back to my best :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Harry will find it hard to drop keano especially as he's scored 5 goals in our last 2 home games and harrys also put himself under pressure by making keano captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I honestly can't see Modric starting this game.........Sub appearance possibly.

I expect either Hudd or Krancjar will start and then be replaced late on, say with 15-20 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

What I'd like to see, but Don't expect :(

gomes
    corluka king woodgate BAE
    Palacios
    Lennon Modric Niko
    Defoe Crouch

from the physio room

Tottenham Hotspur 5C Cudicini Broken Wrist (colles) May 10 S Bassong Hamstring Injury 25th Nov 09 A Lennon Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 09 G Dos Santos Ankle/Foot Injury 22nd Nov 09 L Modric Broken Leg 22nd Nov 09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What I'd like to see, but Don't expect :(

gomes
    corluka king woodgate BAE
    Palacios
    Lennon Modric Niko
    Defoe Crouch

No lack off attacking flair in that side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Is the Wigan game being shown on television on Sunday?
    If not, why is it on Sunday and not Saturday?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

interesting choice there mullo but id go for

gomes
    charlie king woodie ekotto
    lennon pal jenas modric
    defoe crouch

he loves jenas and will start him id say. even though jenas kept giving the ball away for england the papers said. i would go with your choice of kranjcar and lennon on the wings though if it was up to me

That's my team, though if Modric is playing I think Keane should start as all of our decent play at the beginning of the season included him.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

I'm on another Spurs site and there's a guy there who seems pretty ITK...called a lot of our summer transfers and didn't get much wrong...and he says Modric is out until Xmas at least...fairly tentative on his leg at the moment. And also Lennon was supposed to have broken finger during the week but shouldn't keep him out for Sunday!!

thats rubbish anyway man. modric is back for this weekend

thats rubbish anyway man. modric is back for this weekend

If he is I'm all the happier...didn't want to be a downer...was just passing on what I'd seen. The sooner he's back the better anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

modric is back for this weekend

God i hope so anyway!
    ever since he got injured we've seem to have lost all our flair and have started playing defensive football!
    Cant wait for him and Lennon to be back playing weekly:D

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Gonna be positive - a return to form and thumping 4-0 win with Defoe hat-rick!

manic - i am sorry, you are dead right. the story you read about modric is correct

manic - i am sorry, you are dead right. the story you read about modric is correct

No hassles man...as I said...didn't want to be the bearer of bad news but was just bringing on what I'd heard.

• Advertisement

no time frame at all for his comeback they say. he cant even participate in full training. its a disaster for us really

update from the physio room

L Modric Broken Leg no return date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

update from the physio room

L Modric Broken Leg no return date

any news on the Titanic? :D;)

ruiseal wrote: »
    Is the Wigan game being shown on television on Sunday?
    If not, why is it on Sunday and not Saturday?:confused:

I've searched for an answer to this question myself and still can't find any reason for the Sunday arrangement. :confused:

games are often on a sunday and not on tv

games are often on a sunday and not on tv

True, but usually because one or both teams involvement in european action midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Games can be put back to Sunday on the agreement of both clubs. Wigan requested it with many of their players travelling a long way for Internationals and Spurs agreed.

Apparently the Premier league are going crazy about this though and are investigating the circumstances surrounding this rearrangement. They are now looking to close this avenue/loophole.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=177969

golfball37 wrote: »
    Games can be put back to Sunday on the agreement of both clubs. Wigan requested it with many of their players travelling a long way for Internationals and Spurs agreed.

Apparently the Premier league are going crazy about this though and are investigating the circumstances surrounding this rearrangement. They are now looking to close this avenue/loophole.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=177969

Suited them for a number of their players like Rodallega and suits us for Palacios!! Lennon should be ok from the news I've read but more bad news with the possibility of King out. This seems to be becoming a regular thing. Looks like Woody and Daws on Sunday so.

I hate to say this but I think the end of the season might be the time for Leds to hang up the boots. We all know he's had a torrid time but he looked out of it against the goons and now his hamstrings are going...hopefully he can prove me wrong though!!

manic - where do you get your news? where did you hear about king

• Advertisement

manic - where do you get your news? where did you hear about king

I'm on the COYS forum based in England and they have a few guys who are ITK and usually get fairly reliable information from them so was just passing it on here.

And another poster over there now says Modric could be back for United Cup game...which would be better news but contradicts what has been said before. Both are fairly reliable so it's a case of wait and see i suppose. Sorry for the contradictions but can only post what I read.

Oh and an extra piece of news from the official site...Bassong supposed to be ok and Azza back in squad!!! Happy news at last!!

Advertisement