Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop

Options
  • 17-11-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I need to upgrade (well, replace with 2*1GB sticks) the RAM to and replace the harddrive on an Inspiron 6400, but the DELL website is charging ridiculous prices for said parts.

I've found very good deals on www.4allmemory.com.

Just wondering have any of ye used this site and if you could provide a bit of feedback on their reliability/delivery/service etc. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Although I've never used this site before. I presume you need DDR2 SO-DIMM 533Mhz for a Dimension 6400. MemoryC have the following 1GB GSkill 6400. Is this the RAM you were looking at on 4AllMemory. Is looks like MemoryC is cheaper. Komplett have this. Ebuyer have this and Dabs have this

I reckon most here have used Dabs/Komplett/Ebuyer a good bit I have also and find them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

batman2000 wrote: »
    Although I've never used this site before. I presume you need DDR2 SO-DIMM 533Mhz for a Dimension 6400. MemoryC have the following 1GB GSkill 6400. Is this the RAM you were looking at on 4AllMemory. Is looks like MemoryC is cheaper. Komplett have this. Ebuyer have this and Dabs have this

I reckon most here have used Dabs/Komplett/Ebuyer a good bit I have also and find them good.

Cheers for that, I'll start comparing prices based on those. BTW, prior to me posting this, we had the same number of posts.....eerie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

memory c are really good if you can collect in celbridge, when ordering from them and the payment section comes up check payment via cheque option , ad a note that you will collect in person and they drop the delivery charge. ontop of that if you order by 10am you can collect the same day after 2pm . if you knew someone over that way or someone going to dublin you could save on shipping .

noodletop wrote: »
    memory c are really good if you can collect in celbridge, when ordering from them and the payment section comes up check payment via cheque option , ad a note that you will collect in person and they drop the delivery charge. ontop of that if you order by 10am you can collect the same day after 2pm . if you knew someone over that way or someone going to dublin you could save on shipping .

Yes save on shipping but as the OP location is possibly Kerry collecting it probably isn't anoption, good to know the details noodletop....

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

batman2000 wrote: »
    Yes save on shipping but as the OP location is possibly Kerry collecting it probably isn't anoption, good to know the details noodletop....

Aye, I'm based in Kerry, so collection is not an option, but thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

Aye, I'm based in Kerry, so collection is not an option, but thanks for the info.

no probs

but either way really good crowd to buy from no delays and easy returns if you do have any problems with them. i've bought nearly all my ram from them for the past few years and never had any problems with them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yep, MemoryC are a good lot, although repairs and some RMAs can take a while.

Delivery is pretty cheap, don't know if its gone up from €5 for small packages, a category which memory generally falls under ;)

I have heard that Pixmania can be troublesome with RMA's. Not sure about Dabs. Kompett have always been good in my experience. Just don't expect an online return/RMA to be as 'simple' as a bricks and mortar operation. Others may have difference opinions, that's fine

Advertisement