Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnt out bus

Options
  • 17-11-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what caused the burnt-out bus that was trucked out of the yard behind the railway station last night? It looked pretty well roasted.

Image019.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

so THAT'S what i did last night!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭AdamantApproach

I'd guess that fire was the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

That looks like a City Direct Bus, so the cause was probably old age and general neglect :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I guess the wheels on this bus...
    *put's on glasses*
    Are burning rubber.

http://www.epiconeliner.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That looks like a City Direct Bus, so the cause was probably old age and general neglect :mad:

Definitely a Bus Eireann bus - there's a panel beside the door that they missed!

It could have been sitting back there for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Looks perfectly usable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Definitely a Bus Eireann one; of the older variety...rotten smelly buses they were but lots of seats! It was probably out the back for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

....check out our hot new fares....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Probably burst into flames spontaneously, what with the hot weather we've been having of late. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I don't see whats wrong with it, it still has 4 wheels and its well ventilated!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It happens from time to time that spanners go up there setting fire to old buses. This is the first one in some time though. The last one I remember ended in tragedy. A man who had been refused access to Fairgreen House (have to be sober) used one of the buses to sleep in and picked one of 2 or 3 that got burned out that night. That was years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

no thats a bus eireann bus, the colour scheme is bus eireanns. red with orange strip just below the burn lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

no thats a bus eireann bus, the colour scheme is bus eireanns. red with orange strip just below the burn lines

Especially last night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm with Cheshire Cat on this one.

I'd say it fell apart of it's own accord.

On many occasions have I been on bus eireann buses which were literally on their last legs (or wheels). Belting down the road absorbing every pothole and sending people flying. Scandalous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

Nothing a bit of late night expert googl'ing can't solve....

I suspect this might be the bus...

3122525843_5833d81d5f.jpg

3122527013_be2f4b6105.jpg

Photos by a "Peter Boalch" on flickr with the description "On passing Mystical Rose nursing home on the outskirts of clare/galway,i came upon this school bus in flames.I don't think anyone was hurt. "

Photo taken 20th December 2008

I'd say the unburnt bus was something like this...

p8300001.jpg

Advertisement